Bridging RMX 2450

• Members

Was asked a question that I really couldn't answer. Can a bridged 2450 be used to power a pair of JBL MRX 528's. They are 4 ohm cabs, so I said I wasn't sure,but I wouldn't due to the 2 ohm load. The power would be good but the impedence load made me question it. Can someone share some wisdom? I also questioned what the amp would put out in watts as QSC doesn't list a 2 ohm rating.

• Members

I didn't think it was adviseable, thanks Andy. Driven 2 channels it wouldn't be nearly powerful enough. I run a pair off an old PL 236 and it's about perfectly matched. But that's 1100 WPC, 500 WPC probably wouldn't even wake them up.

• Members

IIRC the 2450 puts out around 750 @ 4 ohms per channel, I think you'll find it's a good match. This summer I've run into 2 different sound "experts" with amps bridged into 2 ohm loads. On of them use a behringer ep4k bridged into a pair of jbl jrx215 AND jrx118 subs. It was... Interesting.

• Members
IIRC the 2450 puts out around 750 @ 4 ohms per channel' date=' I think you'll find it's a good match. This summer I've run into 2 different sound "experts" with amps bridged into 2 ohm loads. On of them use a behringer ep4k bridged into a pair of jbl jrx215 AND jrx118 subs. It was... Interesting.[/quote']

And as an amp designer, I shudder at the thought of stupid becoming even more stupid... ;)

Archived