What are a pair of JBL PRX 618 XLF's worth?

• Members

I bought a pair of 718XLF's new for ~ $2100 so, unless you have a buyer that has a pair of them already and are looking for another so they are willing to pay a premium to match their existing subs, I would say significantly less than $2K ..... maybe $1,600 is my guess, especially if selling locally and actually want to move them. If willing to ship, you broaden your audience, but also have to factor in shipping, which will be a considerable cost.

• Members
I bought a pair of 718XLF's new for ~ $2100 so' date=' unless you have a buyer that has a pair of them already and are looking for another so they are willing to pay a premium to match their existing subs, I would say significantly less than $2K ..... maybe $1,600 is my guess, especially if selling locally and actually want to move them. If willing to ship, you broaden your audience, but also have to factor in shipping, which will be a considerable cost.[/quote']

They have been going for ~ $750-$850 on ebay with an additional $150.00 shipping.

It is a tough sell considering you can get the 718XLF as you did for just a little more.

We are looking around locally right now in Michigan for another pair of 618's and that is roughly the prices we are seeing.

• Members

Since the (PRX) 618 and 718 are roughly equiv. products, I would expect the costs to remail pretty darn close. Expecially, consodering there are quite a few users looking for the 618's still.

I have a pretty large inventory of really mint SRX-712's and 718's, I would expect that resale on them would be pretty high as well because of folks expanding or maintaining legacy inventory along with the fact that JBL's replacements to these models are heavier.

• Members

Yes, that makes sense and is pretty much true of NOS of anything. As I said, if someone is looking for a match to existing subs, they may be willing to pay that price. For someone buying from scratch it would be silly when you can get the newer model, with warranty, for around that price, and have better resale later as it will be perceived as "newer" since it's the newer model.

• Members
I bought a pair of 718XLF's new for ~ $2100 so' date=' unless you have a buyer that has a pair of them already and are looking for another so they are willing to pay a premium to match their existing subs, I would say significantly less than $2K ..... maybe $1,600 is my guess, especially if selling locally and actually want to move them. If willing to ship, you broaden your audience, but also have to factor in shipping, which will be a considerable cost.[/quote']

I looked for months to find an additional pair of 618XLF locally to add to the pair I already had. When I couldn't find any a buddy of mine offered $1700 for my pair. I then bought four of the 718XLF for $1050 each. So I think Abzurd's prices are spot on. There is no major change in weight between the two models (unlike the top cabinets), so I can't imagine the older product would be worth more than the new product.

For the record, the most I was willing to pay for an additional pair of 618XLF when I was looking was $1750. After that it made more sense to me to just buy the new model (with a warranty and no concerns about how they were abused by the previous owner).

• Members

The pair of PRX615Ms and single PRX618S-XLF I have I got used SUPER cheap, so I know it's not a real street price... and it's not every day that a cracked-out dude hitches a ride in the back of a pickup 5 hrs from MO to my MusicGoRound just to unload his PRX cabs. They bought 'em cheap, priced 'em cheap to move 'em fast, and I walked in at the right moment. Got all three for $1350+tax. (Had to brag about that deal, sorry.) I've been looking for another matching sub for 6 months now though and I rarely see them get down to $800... and when they do they are local-only deals in Chicago or Mnpls... and they sell fast!

• Members
The pair of PRX615Ms and single PRX618S-XLF I have I got used SUPER cheap' date=' so I know it's not a real street price... and it's not every day that a cracked-out dude hitches a ride in the back of a pickup 5 hrs from MO to my MusicGoRound just to unload his PRX cabs. They bought 'em cheap, priced 'em cheap to move 'em fast, and I walked in at the right moment. Got all three for $1350+tax. (Had to brag about that deal, sorry.) I've been looking for another matching sub for 6 months now though and I rarely see them get down to $800... and when they do they are local-only deals in Chicago or Mnpls... and they sell fast! [/quote']

That is SUPER SUPER cheap…wow….

If you are interested in buying a brand new PRX618xlf ……I came across new stock yesterday at Adorama.- $1299

http://www.adorama.com/JBLPRX618SX2.html?cvosrc=cse.google.JBLPRX618SX2&cvo_cid=38589028051&gclid=CM_c8MLV2sACFa_m7AodbysAUw

Stock is EU but is voltage selectable and with a compliant cable and plug (maybe fuse) …you would be good to go…might void the warranty though.

• Members

That is SUPER SUPER cheap…wow….

If you are interested in buying a brand new PRX618xlf ……I came across new stock yesterday at Adorama.- $1299

http://www.adorama.com/JBLPRX618SX2.html?cvosrc=cse.google.JBLPRX618SX2&cvo_cid=38589028051&gclid=CM_c8MLV2sACFa_m7AodbysAUw

Stock is EU but is voltage selectable and with a compliant cable and plug (maybe fuse) …you would be good to go…might void the warranty though.

See, that is what I am talking about, the new model is $250 less and has the same (if not better) performance. Anyone looking would be better off to sell the PRX6xx and buy the PRX7xx.

• Members

See, that is what I am talking about, the new model is $250 less and has the same (if not better) performance. Anyone looking would be better off to sell the PRX6xx and buy the PRX7xx.

I agree… I have PRX718xlf myself and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. But anyone needing to match an existing inventory might find this helpful…

Archived