Mic stand bag options.

• Members

As I see it there is only 1 mic stand bag worth a damn: the on stage one. Runs about $30 and holds 5-6 comfortably. In the course of 4-5 years a zipper will break or a hole gets worn in the end. I need 2 more, options? How about a keyboard gig bag? Seems like there would be more room and it keeps it's form better than a stand bag?. It's more expensive too depending on what I get. I dunno, thinking out loud here.

• Members

I've been thinking about drum hardware bags as well.

As I've probably mentioned I had a soft shell padded golf bag that held about six or more stands and a couple of speaker stands, but it got stolen this year by some aggressive binners - long story. I lost about four or five mic stands but I was really sad to see the bag go. I could also store about eight mic cables and some AC cables in it. Luckily, I had just pulled the cables before the bag went to the pawn shop - or probably the garbage bin.

I've got two mic bags similar to the On Stage ones, but had the zipper go within a month, so I'm still looking for something. I'll have to look into the large keyboard bags, and see if the price and size are right.

• Members
As I see it there is only 1 mic stand bag worth a damn: the on stage one. Runs about $30 and holds 5-6 comfortably. In the course of 4-5 years a zipper will break or a hole gets worn in the end. I need 2 more' date=' options? How about a keyboard gig bag? Seems like there would be more room and it keeps it's form better than a stand bag?. It's more expensive too depending on what I get. I dunno, thinking out loud here.[/quote']

If you get 5 years (or more) out of a $30 bag I would say you spent your money wisely. Just me.

• Members

Yeah but if I get a better bag for a little more money that lasts for as long I'm happier with the $60 I spent. If I buy the wrong thing I'm liable to keep using it and bitch about it for the next 5 years. These are big decisions for me here... ;)

Archived