Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic stand bag options.

As I see it there is only 1 mic stand bag worth a damn: the on stage one. Runs about $30 and holds 5-6 comfortably. In the course of 4-5 years a zipper will break or a hole gets worn in the end. I need 2 more, options? How about a keyboard gig bag? Seems like there would be more room and it keeps it's form better than a stand bag?. It's more expensive too depending on what I get. I dunno, thinking out loud here.
    www.rock-bot.com
    Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

K&M make a decent 6 mic bag with individual compartments. I've been using one for a while and it's holding up well, It was a bit pricey but it was the only option I could find that did 6 stands.

Cheers

Comment

I've seen drum hardware bags that might work. The one I'm thinking of has a hard bottom and wheels (sorry don't know who made it though :-). You might check them out.
      J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
      If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

I've been thinking about drum hardware bags as well.

As I've probably mentioned I had a soft shell padded golf bag that held about six or more stands and a couple of speaker stands, but it got stolen this year by some aggressive binners - long story. I lost about four or five mic stands but I was really sad to see the bag go. I could also store about eight mic cables and some AC cables in it. Luckily, I had just pulled the cables before the bag went to the pawn shop - or probably the garbage bin.

I've got two mic bags similar to the On Stage ones, but had the zipper go within a month, so I'm still looking for something. I'll have to look into the large keyboard bags, and see if the price and size are right.

Comment

You can get golf bags at yard sales and thrift shops - usually $5 or less.

I used to fit 5-6 stands and my Ultimates in one.

They last for a few years and then you get another one.

MG
          "Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

Originally posted by Unalaska View Post
            As I see it there is only 1 mic stand bag worth a damn: the on stage one. Runs about $30 and holds 5-6 comfortably. In the course of 4-5 years a zipper will break or a hole gets worn in the end. I need 2 more, options? How about a keyboard gig bag? Seems like there would be more room and it keeps it's form better than a stand bag?. It's more expensive too depending on what I get. I dunno, thinking out loud here.
            If you get 5 years (or more) out of a $30 bag I would say you spent your money wisely. Just me.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ideals Are Peaceful .... History Is Violent
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The fact that there is a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.

Comment

Yeah but if I get a better bag for a little more money that lasts for as long I'm happier with the $60 I spent. If I buy the wrong thing I'm liable to keep using it and bitch about it for the next 5 years. These are big decisions for me here...
              www.rock-bot.com
              Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

If I lived in the USA it would be a no brainier for me: http://www.audiopile.net/products/Ca...cutsheet.shtml
                NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                X