X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, Farewell, Amen

Well gentlemen "that" day has finally arrived. It's time for me to hang up my headphones and move on to the next adventure. The wife and I took a good look at what we would like to do and doing sound just gets in the way. We have missed far too many holidays or events with family because instead of enjoying it, I'm too busy working them !!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this forum and learned a lifetime of information. Sad thing is another lifetimes worth went over my head !
    I was going to list gear for sale but by just contacting a few folks, I got buried in calls. If there's anything left worth having, I'll post later in the classifieds.

Best to all of you in this endeavor. May your ears never ring and may the load-in's be simple.

Salute to all

Tomm Williams

Sad to hear that you're hanging up your phones. It seems like you were really getting things cooking. Maybe a home studio is in the cards?

Comment

WoW....see ya down that road

Comment

Happy trails Tomm

I backed off of live sound (and playing in the band) years back. The kicker was a New Year's weekend gig doing back to back nights of 80pm to 40am.

Packed house, great gig, but it was just too much. I haven't done a New Year's gig since and instead have gone out with friends to have a good time with my wife.

All the best to you.
        With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Tomm Williams View Post
          Well gentlemen "that" day has finally arrived. It's time for me to hang up my headphones and move on to the next adventure. The wife and I took a good look at what we would like to do and doing sound just gets in the way. We have missed far too many holidays or events with family because instead of enjoying it, I'm too busy working them !!
          I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this forum and learned a lifetime of information. Sad thing is another lifetimes worth went over my head !
          I was going to list gear for sale but by just contacting a few folks, I got buried in calls. If there's anything left worth having, I'll post later in the classifieds.
          Best to all of you in this endeavor. May your ears never ring and may the load-in's be simple.
          Salute to allTomm Williams
          Wow..........I didn't see that comming

Comment

Best luck with your future endeavors! I know we tried to hook up a couple of times for gigs but the stars were never aligned. Still, I hope we meet one day and share some stories.

There is much more to life than work, so enjoy all that comes your way!
            https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
            http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

Just because you are hanging up your headphones doesn't mean you can't visit here as often as you like. It's an especially convenient distraction when on vacation...
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Andy's right (of course!)....please don't be a stranger. And much happiness for you and the missus in your future!

Comment

Take care.
                  Thanks,
                  Bill Cronheim
                  Enterainment Systems Corporation
                  Back stage since 1973

Comment

Good luck with your future endeavors, and like the other have said, don't be a stranger.
                    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Life IS change -- embrace it! You've always seemed a mature and helpful contributor here and I wish you all the best in your next adventure. Onward < wink >!
                      ...dave

Comment

Welcome to my world. You will both love and hate the decision. I broke up my system over a year ago and have not done a show since. It was a life style choice. I truly miss shows, but I also love the new found time with family. I still like to come here, but I don't get as "vocal" as I once did. Time to let the younger guys take over for us….

Comment

cold turkey , huh?

I understand the conflict with family time; Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day, New Years eve, weekends, etc..

You'll miss it on some levels; the music, crafting a good mix, a great act, the cheering crowds, the pay, the exercise, the learning, being outside, people watching.

On the other hand, just think about what you won't miss:
                          "it's too loud"
                          "it's too quiet"
                          "here's you electrical circuit, there are 4 places to plug into"
                          "I can't hear my boyfriend's guitar"
                          "that's my tone"
                          "your load in spot is over there(you have to use binoculars to spot it)"
                          "can I get my windchimes in the monitor"?
                          Friggen cables
                          mic stands suck
                          busted up fingers
                          sunburn
                          crappy food "bandwhiches"
                          sore back
                          did I mention cables
                          two Modeling amps that sound like Angry hornets in a mason jar with a Lav mic
                          Who took my hand dolly?
                          Who took the gaffers tape?
                          "dude, you're not gonna mic the bottom snare"?
                          "by the way the auctioneer needs a wireless mic and we added a kids dance troupe before the band, here's their iPhone"
                          mic stands
                          cables
                          "we're mixing ourselves and will give you a feed"
                          rain
                          thanks for driving over my snake

Comment

Don't forget...

"You need to get paid?"
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by witesol View Post

On the other hand, just think about what you won't miss:
                              I'll offer to add:

1) 3:45am windshield time math
                              2) "Power? ... bands play here all the time."
                              3) "Do you know what all these knobs do?"
                              4) "Oh, that rider is years old."
                              5) "My business manager assured me the check is in the mail... ok?"
                              I need to catch up with those guys, for I am their leader.

Comment

Working...
                              X