Makeshift cabinet feet

• Members

Recently acquired three Community Veris26 2X6" two way cabs for front fills or other delay duties. After cleaning them up and giving them a fresh coat of paint, I decided to mount cabinet feet on one side so they could be laid horizontally. Went to a couple of stores and couldn't find anything but furniture cups, at $1.97 for 4 it was worth a try. I took them to a band saw to shorten the "tube" section of the cup and found the wall thickness was actually substantial. Long story short, for cabinets under 50lbs, I wouldn't hesitate to do this again. Shortening the cup added considerable rigidity to the remaining "foot" and quite frankly, they look just like cabinet feet.

On a side note..................anyone know where I might find one more of these Veris 26's ?

• Members
  • Members

Yeah I saw that, I don't think they sold for that much new and they've been out of production for a little while. Adding the shipping and the possibility of a tariff tax from Canada, that could result in a very expensive purchase. I didn't pay that much for all three of the boxes I just bought.

Archived