Feedback Eliminator

• Members

Good quality units analyze the waveform for harmonics. If it sees a waveform with almost zero it assumes it to be feedback and sets filters against it. So you have to end up with a pretty pure waveform. A guitar feeding back can do it.

The best way to avoid mistracking is to insert them only on problem (usually vocal) channels. If you use only one unit an a mix overall you might have some false filters set. You have to weight the benefits

• Members

Glockenspiel patches, used to play many Springsteen tunes, are the biggest offenders in my repertoire. These are very pure tones. Both my units (an older Behringer and a newer Sabine) will make a whole-band mix sound "duller" after I play "Born To Run". Just something to be aware of. The more dynamic filters you have, the worse the effect will be, too.

I find them useful on monitor mixes, but if I was running them through front of house, I would use them only as vocal channel inserts.

Wes

• Members

I find them useful on monitor mixes, but if I was running them through front of house, I would use them only as vocal channel inserts.

Wes

Ditto, great tool for monitor mix. Our female singer moves around the stage a lot and tends to drop her mic to her side.

steve

Archived