Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klipsch KP series speakers

What's the opinion on the Klipsch KP series? I see a number of their boxes for sale cheap and wonder if they're anywhere as good as their home products. I had a pair of the Cornwalls and they were very impressive.

I own a pair of KP301 3-way 15" speakers to this day. They require a little eq in the high mids, but are very clear and articulate. The bottom is pretty punchy and overall, I like the way they sound. Mine weigh >80lbs and are big for a 15" box. They have worked for me for over 15 years.

I keep them in my finished basement for parties.... so I no longer care how big and heavy they are
    With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

How would your clients view this speaker? How about your back and your pack?
      Last edited by agedhorse; 07-31-2014, 04:17 PM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Not interested in buying any, was just wondering how they faired in the SR market as their home stuff was/is really good.

Comment

Often, the good 'ol days are remembered mor fondly than they were...
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

No questions the equipment is a huge improvement from the 70s, 80s. Not so sure the music scene is better.
            Dan Snyder is bad Karma

Comment

Working...
            X