Stoopid stages

• Members

Here's one:

fetch?id=31209524

I have no idea why they have a full length hedge in front of it smiley-frustrated . It does have about a dozen 120V 20A circuits :) , three range outlets, and a set of camlock tails hanging out of a box in back through a wire mesh strain relief (is that legal?). That was the first of six acts BTW - 2 solos, a couple trios, and a four piece at a charity fundraiser.

• Members

My guess is it is to keep (most) people off the stage but in reality it looks like a stage designed by someone who knows little about performance venues (sometimes you WANT to get off and on the apron of the stage). It kind of negates it's use as a tap dance stage (or many other types of productions :-).

• Members
(sometimes you WANT to get off and on the apron of the stage). It kind of negates it's use as a tap dance stage (or many other types of productions :-).
Kinda funny, one of the trios the guitarist (20ish) leaped the hedge and lost his connection - had to put his guitar down, run back up and plug back in, then run back out and finish the song. Ah, to be young and indestructible again LOL.

• Members
Would do a good job of hiding the wedges.
I suppose if you have big fugly ones - sure ;) . Oh, and just to make it weirder the ground slopes down away from the stage. This is actually the one permanent stage on the fairgrounds, used as a secondary during the big yearly fair when they bring in a larger stage for the national acts. They also put up a smaller third stage for the small stuff.

Archived