Stoopid stages

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoopid stages

Here's one:

I have no idea why they have a full length hedge in front of it . It does have about a dozen 120V 20A circuits , three range outlets, and a set of camlock tails hanging out of a box in back through a wire mesh strain relief (is that legal?). That was the first of six acts BTW - 2 solos, a couple trios, and a four piece at a charity fundraiser.
    Attached Files

My guess is it is to keep (most) people off the stage but in reality it looks like a stage designed by someone who knows little about performance venues (sometimes you WANT to get off and on the apron of the stage). It kind of negates it's use as a tap dance stage (or many other types of productions :-).
    J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
    If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

No need to delay those tops

Comment

Originally posted by Dogoth View Post
        (sometimes you WANT to get off and on the apron of the stage). It kind of negates it's use as a tap dance stage (or many other types of productions :-).
        Kinda funny, one of the trios the guitarist (20ish) leaped the hedge and lost his connection - had to put his guitar down, run back up and plug back in, then run back out and finish the song. Ah, to be young and indestructible again LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
          No need to delay those tops
          Yah, I carefully planned it that way .

Comment

It's a safety feature on new stages. It's there just in case someone decides to stage dive and there's no one there to catch them.

Comment

A living barricade
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Would do a good job of hiding the wedges.
                Hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times.

President Trump is living in his own fantasy world, and he is at war with anyone who dares to intrude on his dream with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Telecruiser View Post
                  Would do a good job of hiding the wedges.
                  I suppose if you have big fugly ones - sure . Oh, and just to make it weirder the ground slopes down away from the stage. This is actually the one permanent stage on the fairgrounds, used as a secondary during the big yearly fair when they bring in a larger stage for the national acts. They also put up a smaller third stage for the small stuff.
                  Last edited by RoadRanger; 07-21-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X