Aux fed sub ?

• Members

Sure. Just run an input into each side of the crossover. Use the "high out" on one side for the tops and the "low out" for the subs on the other side. Obviously make sure you're running dual mono out of your mixer. You can also use a Y cable on the outputs so you don't have to daisy chain one top to the other.

• Members

Could be 80hz. Could be 100hz, Could be 120hz, could be 150hz. Experiment what works best for you. You could also set an overlap. Tops set at 80hz, subs set at 100hz. The combinations

are endless except for the fact you cant change the slopes. The Rane is Linkwitz Riley at 24db per octave slope.

• Members
I actually prefer to leave a gap versus an overlap. Something like subs crossed at 90 Hz and tops at 110 Hz. It just seems more forgiving and less boomy.

Certainly if the sub bandwidth gain was significantly higher than the top's bandwidth gain.

• Members

Do your active tops all ready have a built in LOW CUT filter? Then you would only need the crossover for your subs. Although not clear in your wording are you using a Post Fade Aux Send to channel A in the crossover then out to your subs. Then a Left Mono Mains send to the other side of the crossover for the tops?

Dookietwo

• Members
Do your active tops all ready have a built in LOW CUT filter? Then you would only need the crossover for your subs. Although not clear in your wording are you using a Post Fade Aux Send to channel A in the crossover then out to your subs. Then a Left Mono Mains send to the other side of the crossover for the tops?

Dookietwo

No my active tops have no filtering of any kind. Yes I'll be using post fade for aux feed. Just FYI it already done deal and all is great. Just making sure I was on the right path.

Again appreciate the replies and thanks.

Archived