New Yorkville NX10C compact coaxial active speaker

• Members
Cool speaker. If the price is right, these will get added to my inventory.

Why, however, did the idiot in the video refer to three of them stacked as a 'line array?'

I guess he figured anything that "cool:" must be a line array. I mean, I didn't count, but he must have said cool about fifty times - that's pretty nifty and mint, and even keen!

• Members

So this is interesting....the pole hole goes all the way through, so you can put them on your speaker or light stands, and still put your speaker or lights on top of them.

"For side-wash monitor applications on tight stages, the NX10C can be mounted under the front of house cabinets to provide a monitor signal that will be fully phase coherent with the front of house signal. "

http://www.yorkville.com/loudspeakers/nx/product/nx10c/

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I wish there were a dealer near here where I could give these a try. I know a supplier here in town who could probably order a pair for me at a decent price, but he won't be able to order them just for me to try them. If you get hold of one or two, let us know what you think!

Louis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I was looking for some powered monitors for modelled electric guitar (Line 6 HD500), acoustic guitar and keys. The popular choice for modellers is a set of QSC K12's (41 pounds each and about $1500) ... When I saw these at L&M I didn't know they existed, immediately rented one. It sounds amazing with modelled boutique light breakup modelled guitar, that's with no EQ yet! Going to get 2 for sure! A stereo solution the size of 1 monitor for $1000! This is going to be my new keyboard amp as well - returning my old Traynor k4. (Just picked up an Allen & Heath ZED FX).

• Members
I was looking for some powered monitors for modelled electric guitar (Line 6 HD500)' date=' acoustic guitar and keys. The popular choice for modellers is a set of QSC K12's (41 pounds each and about $1500) ... When I saw these at L&M I didn't know they existed, immediately rented one. It sounds amazing with modelled boutique light breakup modelled guitar, that's with no EQ yet! Going to get 2 for sure! A stereo solution the size of 1 monitor for $1000! This is going to be my new keyboard amp as well - returning my old Traynor k4. (Just picked up an Allen & Heath ZED FX).[/quote']

Good to know. Has anyone else had a chance to see and/or try these out yet? Wish I could rent a pair around here!

Louis

Archived