• Members

I was at a friends shop here in town.

Installs, Bigger shows.......

He had two systems setup in the back and I

got a chance to listen.

The RCF HD line is pretty sweet for sure.

He had two of these subs and two HD line

array boxes on top of it. MONO

I have to tell ya I could not believe the

sub bass out of two of these sub cabs.

He told me Powersoft is involved with the amps.

They have a feature for Cardiod as well.

Take the time to hear them.

Link

http://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/20678-en_SUB%208004-AS%20spec%20sheet-1.pdf

• Members

At $3,000 per they better be pretty darn spanky. I briefly considered so I'd have a "brand match" with my 522A's, but just couldn't do it. At less than 1/2 the price and 30+ lbs lighter, and very similar specs, I opted for the JBLPRX718XLF. I'm sure the RCF is better, but between the 2 the justification line starts to blur as you need need a substantially bigger wallet for a smaller incremental gain.

• Members
Street price for the 8004 is well below $3000.

Sure, it's no secret that pretty much everything can be had for 15% - 20% off MAP. Even at $2,400, the JBL is less than 1/2 the price. Again, I have no doubt it's the better sub of the 2. The RCF certainly has to be one of the smallest subs capable of going to 30 Hz. It's 15% smaller than the JBL PRX yet goes 5Hz, or 3 notes, lower. That's impressive! I'm just suggesting it may or may not be "twice the cost as good" and that, with relatively similar specs, the JBL is a "poor man's" alternative.

• Members

So I have added a pair of RCF 8006-as to my inventory. I also have 4 of the JBL 618s-xlf. I must say I completely love the RCF boxes. But the JBL's have made me a ton of $$ and will not be looking to sell em. Both are very capable subs at home in their different applications.

• Members
So I have added a pair of RCF 8006-as to my inventory. I also have 4 of the JBL 618s-xlf. I must say I completely love the RCF boxes. But the JBL's have made me a ton of $$ and will not be looking to sell em. Both are very capable subs at home in their different applications.

141db! The specs would certainly suggest that these subs pound out the bottom end ;)

Aside from the obvious difference in output (as one would expect from a double 18 vs single 18 and a 4" vc vs a 3" vc and a $4500 box vs a $1300.00 one), can you comment on the sound quality between the two boxes?

I also have the XLF's and would be interested in the quality difference. I have compared to many other subs within the same price range and found the XLF's to be the best sounding of the group; however, it would be interesting to see how the XLF's stack up against a higher end sub.

Thanks!

• Members

Just to ground things a bit my normal rig was 2 xlf per side. I was really commenting with that set up in mind.

These boxes are really great right out of the box I have a 2 db cut at like 100hz to tighten them up a bit. My normal gig is a 4 party rock band. I throw a e901 in the kick and call it done. I am very very happy with this box. Now I find my self chasing a better top end. I recently added a pair of RCF m22. A mighty little 12" 2 way box with a 2" HF Driver. They pair very well with the 8006. I have a little 10" K&M pole on order to get them a little higher up in the air. Take it for what it is but here is a youtube video the rig is 4 prx625 over 2 8006.

Video comes for a Q2hd at about 70 feet.

Archived