Which subs for Yorkville PS12P?

• Members

I am ordering a pair of these and trying to decide on a sub. Have been away from sound of any kind for 10 years. Used to have a pair of Yorkville TX4 over a pair of LS800P'S and also had a pair of their UNITY speakers non-powered. I thought the TX4's were really good.

So back to the PS12P. Thinking of a pair of their smaller PS15S but have considered one LS801P OR a pair of LS801P if I get 4 of the PS12P. Any insight or comments?

Also have thought on getting one of Peaveys EU218 dual 18 powered sub due to cost; think one would scale with 2 PS12Ps?

Oh, application includes everything from small acoustic to dj to rock band. Never anything that would require more than 4 PS12ps and mostly just a pair of them (and I am assuming that 2 PSP12's would horizontally array OK as use is speaker on a tripod or over the sub. Initially I am only getting a pair.

• Members

I've heard from a few people that the PS12P's pair nicely with the new paraline subs. I can't personally vouch for that as I've heard the subs in a gig situation, but not the boxes.

The LS801P is certainly a very nice all around sub, and one should be enough for two of just about anything that's MI - IF you are doing light rock, smaller venues, acoustic and so on. If you're mixing loud rock bands and crazy DJ stuff then two (and up) could be required.

Just don't get the Yorkville LS701P. I had to use a LS700P (older version) today and it was kind of dreadful. I recall I thought it was fine way back when, but not anymore.

• Members
I've heard from a few people that the PS12P's pair nicely with the new paraline subs. I can't personally vouch for that as I've heard the subs in a gig situation, but not the boxes.

The LS801P is certainly a very nice all around sub, and one should be enough for two of just about anything that's MI - IF you are doing light rock, smaller venues, acoustic and so on. If you're mixing loud rock bands and crazy DJ stuff then two (and up) could be required.

Just don't get the Yorkville LS701P. I had to use a LS700P (older version) today and it was kind of dreadful. I recall I thought it was fine way back when, but not anymore.

Thanks for the reply.

Which subs have you heard, were they the PS15S? How did they compare to the ls801p? I never had a chance to hear a LS700p . If it weren't for the weight I would consider the horn-loaded Unity sub. But if I did that may as well just get the LS801P with the 18.

Probably that PS15S is going to be the better match - just go ahead and get two of them with two PS12Ps.

Anyone that has heard the PS15P or has input on this subject please say your opinion.

Archived