Active System for V-Drums

• Members

Looking for recommendations on active system for V-Drums. Would be plugging the vdrum module directly into the cab. Was debating between PRX715XLF and PRX710, Line6 Stage Source LT3 and L3S, EV ETX15SP and ETX10P, or the Presonus 328AI and 18sAI. Has anyone used any of the above for edrum monitoring or have any insight what might be the best option for this specific purpose ?

• Members

Sometimes for monitoring and other times just for vdrums in FOH. I do some fill in gigs where the bands do not have adequate PA for drums or vdrums. Looking for a versatile solution that I could use for various applications but the majority would be for vdrums amplication.

• Members

I play with a couple of bands. The one where I need the most sound reinforcement just has two EV SX300's for FOH and no subs. The other bands I play with have adequate PA but I figured I could use the top that I purchase as a spare vocal monitor, etc.

• Members

Of the options you listed, I've only heard the PRX stuff. Certainly a sub in your monitoring system would improve the thump of your kick drum (and help the entire band mix when used with those SX300s for FOH), but as an owner of the PRX615M I would say that for most things you could get by with a decent powered 15. You didn't list it, but the RCF ART312a MkIII is housed in the same cab that they use for the ART315a and has a really nice low end as a result... new or used it's a bargain and will give you all the drum monitoring volume that you can stand to sit on top of... (EDIT: towndog, where are you located? There's a used 312 at the Dallas GC right now for $400. That's pretty typical for the 300 series speakers used on CL or whatever...)

• Members
I play with a couple of bands. The one where I need the most sound reinforcement just has two EV SX300's for FOH and no subs. The other bands I play with have adequate PA but I figured I could use the top that I purchase as a spare vocal monitor, etc.

1 pair of XLF's. Run the L/R out of the mixer directly into the left and right sub inputs. Engage the HPF output on the XLF's. Run each HPF output from each of the XLF's back into the input L/R of your amplifier. Hook up your SX300's to the amp with your speaker wire.

This setup should be a compelling FOH solution and will handle a club up to around 300 people inside at punching rock levels.

Archived