• Members

I'm currently in our stage office babysitting a sheep auction (yup they heard live sheep onto our astro turf covered stage and auction them off). Our FOH guy and I are trading off babysitting the console. From back here the auctioneer's cadence sounds like a bad bongo/conga groove. It's freeky. Thank goodness we have a bold janitorial department to clean up afterwards as we have a bunch of little kids (3 to 6 years old) coming in in a couple of days (As long as the smell's gone, I won't mention this event to their parents :-).

• Members

I have my "sheep stage" starting in a couple of months, I also have a "hog stage", a "beef stage" a whole tent full of baby livestock, and a big horse arena. When the gear comes back to the shop, the shop smells like a barn until we get everything all cleaned up and prepped for storage. Would you like the line array that smells like horse or cow sir?

• Members
I used to do cattle auctions but they were all done over satellite. Just did projections of beef ... No smell (except the smell of money). They would transact millions every time

This one has a live internet feed as well with video so many of the bidders are registered buyers from wherever. A lot of it is just breeding rights. Some of the rams went for as much as >$25k and the auction went for 8 hours (about 3-4 minutes per animal). Yep a lot of money changed hands.

Archived