No announcement yet.

So I went to the local thrift store….

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I went to the local thrift store….

and they had a pair of OLD Peavey SP-3 cabs sitting there. They were beat up, but they kept calling to me (No, I don't know why.) I don't need them, have no use for them, but could not leave them there. Price was $50 for the pair. I get to the register and the lady says "You know these have a blue label?" I said "No." She says "Yes, blue label, so half price. That will be $25." I have no idea what to do with them at this point, but I got them for the nostalgia. I just have to restore these things. Low fi, heavy, no wheels. Sure, I want them. It must be a sickness….

"Hi! My name is RoadRanger and I'm a gearaholic..." Welcome to the meeting, AxisPlayer .

Comment

Axisplayer that's a good find for 25$. York Co store?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRanger View Post
        "Hi! My name is RoadRanger and I'm a gearaholic..." Welcome to the meeting, AxisPlayer .
        philthumb
        Engineering Axiom 21: Whomever has the key should be qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyhoops View Post
          Axisplayer that's a good find for 25$. York Co store?
          Yea…

Comment

Hell, worth more than $25 just for the firewood value
            Don Boomer

Comment

Yikes, that's cheap for any kind of noisemaker
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

If all else fails you have the cool badges...

Comment

Maybe some local kids starting a band could use 'em, pay-it-forward style...
                  "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

Craig, that is sort of what I am thinking. Fix them up and send them where they are needed….

Comment

These? http://assets.peavey.com/literature/...s/80300649.pdf Remember that they only go down to 80hz or so. You'll want subs to get any kind of low end. But they do put out quite a bit of .. noise.. for what they are.

Comment

Intervention!

Comment

On the addiction thing. I started burning old cabinets in my fire pit this weekend....killin me

Comment

Burning cabinets? Are you insane? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dookietwo View Post
                              These? http://assets.peavey.com/literature/...s/80300649.pdf Remember that they only go down to 80hz or so. You'll want subs to get any kind of low end. But they do put out quite a bit of .. noise.. for what they are.
                              Those are the ones. Yea, low fi and they don't go low. No surprises there. Going to enjoy fixing them up though.

Comment

Working...
                              X