No announcement yet.

Tool ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool ?

Any of you skilled EE types wouldn't happen to know what kind of star shaped screwdriver I need for EV ELX118P sub I need to send the plate amp in for repairs and all the star shape screwdriver sockets I have won't work.
    Thanks

Can you post a photo?
    Don Boomer

Comment

T-20 or T-25, I'm in a truck on the oilfields right now and my stuff is far-far away or I'd have a better answer my friend.
      DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
      There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

Go to your local box store and pickup a set of Torx bits...even something cheap like below as you'll likely need one again.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-4...PCSR/203559459
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Steam/179028619290

Comment

May I ask what happened to your sub? Mine went out too, did like a click and front light went out, but back power light stays on, but no output.

Comment

Torx
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by nchangin View Post
              May I ask what happened to your sub? Mine went out too, did like a click and front light went out, but back power light stays on, but no output.
              Mine started doing a heartbeat thump for little while. Then quit working the amp light still comes on but doesn't pass a signal so need to send it to EV shop and pay their bench fee for repairs. Also thanks to everybody else the info. I been super busy for a few days.

Comment

If it's still under warranty, there should be no fee to repair the speaker provided it wasn't abuse.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Originally posted by agedhorse View Post
                  If it's still under warranty, there should be no fee to repair the speaker provided it wasn't abuse.
                  Unfortunally the 3 year warranty expired right before it quit and no abuse I run very conservative with no blink blink what so ever so I can have many years of gear use.

Comment

Working...
                  X