Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

JBL PRX718XLF crossover question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Strange I can see the pic in the post. Oh well.

    I just got back from the wedding in Dayton. It was going to be in the lobby of the Memorial Hall there. That would have been 50 ft ceilings and all marble and stone. The coordinator was telling me something from 20 feet away and I couldn't understand her because of the echo in the room. It got moved to the basement, which was carpeted with a 10' drop ceiling.

    Anyway, the sound was exactly what I was hoping for. Solid thud without the pronounced 100-125Hz, at least not in this room. I wish I would have bought the 618XLFs several years ago. I used them under the RCF 522A tops.
    www.nextexitrocks.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by abzurd View Post
      Strange I can see the pic in the post. Oh well.

      I just got back from the wedding in Dayton. It was going to be in the lobby of the Memorial Hall there. That would have been 50 ft ceilings and all marble and stone. The coordinator was telling me something from 20 feet away and I couldn't understand her because of the echo in the room. It got moved to the basement, which was carpeted with a 10' drop ceiling.

      Anyway, the sound was exactly what I was hoping for. Solid thud without the pronounced 100-125Hz, at least not in this room. I wish I would have bought the 618XLFs several years ago. I used them under the RCF 522A tops.
      Sounds like a really nice combination of speakers to me.

      How were they in comparison to other subs you have owned?
      With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by OneEng View Post

        How were they in comparison to other subs you have owned?

        Significantly better. I know room modes can make the 100-125Hz get too peaky sometimes so I can't say for sure, but I was able to take the large cuts out of that range last weekend. It was a super solid low end. The guys were screwing around with a song we don't even do, Pink Floyd's Breathe, while I was finishing up line checks and it was pretty darn cool.
        www.nextexitrocks.com

        Comment


        • #19
          I found that the band just sounded better with them.... tighter ..... cleaner, more polished.

          I think that lots of other subs I have used or seen used have lots of the woof frequencies, and not so much the other sub frequencies. They didn't sound as tight and defined .... musical.

          I have compared them directly (and not in a show room) with KW181's, passive LR36 folded horns, and CVA118's. They are my favorite of the bunch.

          Glad you aren't having buyers remorse
          With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by OneEng View Post
            I found that the band just sounded better with them.... tighter ..... cleaner, more polished.

            I think that lots of other subs I have used or seen used have lots of the woof frequencies, and not so much the other sub frequencies. They didn't sound as tight and defined .... musical.

            I have compared them directly (and not in a show room) with KW181's, passive LR36 folded horns, and CVA118's. They are my favorite of the bunch.

            Glad you aren't having buyers remorse

            Agreed. As I was driving them home I was thinking...I don't need 2 more subs. I was wrong. Biggest improvement to my sound in a long time.
            www.nextexitrocks.com

            Comment



            Working...
            X