Can you ID this JBL?

• Members

Due to noise ordinances, we we were notified by one of our summer venues that bands will no longer be allowed to bring their own speakers and we must play through the house PA. These are what they have for us (no subs - just two of these). Can anyone help me find out what they are so I can look up some specs? Thank you!

Mike

70311a950ce48799a16a9080adddc5ea.thumb.jpg.0b73e2ca80b54617e2457b33495b2bb1.jpg

90f1f24cc5badb95a9da4ec0f03b77a9.thumb.jpg.17154b9974279e6c697656026284711a.jpg

• Members
You might to just run with vocals through those.

Yeah, that would be about it, I would think. We'll have to run the keys through them as well. We went to using pedalboards so we could bring down our stage volume, but we might have to go back to amps for this place.

• Members

You might want to double-check that what you think they are is what's really installed. There are cabinets very similar LOOKING to this in the AE series (AM-7200 tops and AL-7115 subs) and what might be in there are the 7200 tops with brackets and maybe there really are some of the subs hiding? The AE series is pretty darn good if that's what it is and the processing is appropriate. I have installed a few quite a while back and they were no slouches. There were other similar looking cabinets under different model lines going back probably 20 years, so it would pay to double-check.

• Members
You might want to double-check that what you think they are is what's really installed. There are cabinets very similar LOOKING to this in the AE series (AM-7200 tops and AL-7115 subs) and what might be in there are the 7200 tops with brackets and maybe there really are some of the subs hiding? The AE series is pretty darn good if that's what it is and the processing is appropriate. I have installed a few quite a while back and they were no slouches. There were other similar looking cabinets under different model lines going back probably 20 years' date=' so it would pay to double-check. [/quote']

Thanks! These are outside and exposed 100% to the weather, so I am assuming they are the All-Weather version that I posted above (but I am going to try to find out exactly what they are this week). And there are definitely no subs. They are under the impression that low end is what is attracting the police (and the db meters).

@BlueGreene - This used to be my favorite place to play, but I'm starting to agree...

• Members

If the venue doesn't work for you, then it's probably best that you don't play there. If they are up against noise complaint problems, and the bands have been uncooperative about turning down, their backs are up against the wall and ultimately they will find bands that are willing to conform to their needs or stop doing live music.

Archived