How many people would this cover outside?

• Members
Family friendly is good' date=' because not everyone will want to stop their conversations for a band. They always need someplace close but quiet enough to talk without shouting.[/quote']

Unless it's a rock concert! ..... You always respond with your personal preference as if its universal. If it's a rock concert then nearly EVERYONE will want to stop their conversation for a band because the band is why they are there. That's the expectation. If they need to talk or take a call THEY will move to a more convenient location for THEIR needs versus tapping the sound guy on the shoulder and telling him to turn the band down.

• Members
The subs will be in a caroid setup too.
Be careful, cardioid subs arrays generally give up output for that directionality. OTOH with delays or by properly staggering the subs you can steer their pattern - you usually need to broaden their pattern anyways vs what a straight line of subs gives you (a very narrow pattern not much wider that the sub array).

• Members

Maybe those boxes perform better than their specs would suggest, but I'm wondering if 8 dual subs wouldn't outrun those tops. I guess it would also depend on the music.

A few times a year, I run two Yorkville U15's outside. One Yorkville LS2100P sub or even an LS801P has been a good match. That's for about 200 (plus) people. However that's generally for Classic Rock and R&B - not super bass heavy.

• Members
Maybe those boxes perform better than their specs would suggest' date=' but I'm wondering if 8 dual subs wouldn't outrun those tops. I guess it would also depend on the music.[/quote']Could be - but you need about 2x the subbage outdoors vs indoors for the same SPL. This translates to about twice the sub power vs top power indoors and four times the sub power vs top power outdoors. YMMV, void where prohibited, "it depends" etc ;) .

Archived