O1V96 users; I'm a bit puzzled. Ideas?

• Members

I'm running an O1V96v2 for live bands in a club setting. I have saved several scenes, one for each of the bands that rotate through here. Each of these scenes originally came from a single generic scene. Typically what I'll do with a band on their first time in my room is that I'll start with a preset from a similar band configuration, work with it and customize it for a bit, and then save it as a new scene under that bands name. Then the next time that band is in the club, I at least have a head start on things. Yeah, yeah, I know ( and mostly agree ) about presets, but when the band arrives too late for even a line check, much less a full sound check I'll take every advantage I can get. But now to my question, I have a couple of these scenes where the fx are simply nonexistent. If I switch to the fx aux layers, the respective faders are WAAAYYY higher than on other presets that are positively dripping with delay & verb. When viewing the sends page on the display, it agrees with the faders. The respective returns are also as high as the other scenes. But when looking at the fx meters, there is absolutely no activity showing on the sends or the returns. And obviously the audio is as dry as a popcorn fart. Any ideas as to where to look for this anomaly? I have looked and looked, but I'm afraid at this point that I can't see the forest for the trees. If it's something simple (and likely stupid) I would like to correct it. OTOH, there's only a couple of them so it's not out of the question to simply delete the offenders and start over with those particular scenes. But I'd like to know what is causing it so that it can be avoided in the future.

• Members

Did you go to the Master Layer and check to see if the Aux Master fader for the effects send is ON and are still up? Also check that the Aux Send your using is still assigned to the effects engines and they are still assigned to the str out. Last something as simple as the STR/returns muted? Shut off? When the scene was saved? ( they are no longer lit?) If you muted them then saved the scene then of course this change would be there when you recalled it.

• Members

Thanks for the reply. I'm certain that the returns are active, but Ill check on the Master Layer faders. I think they're up but unless I'm sitting at the mixer (which I'm not right now) I can't be sure. And it's probably something as simple as that. The Master Layer has tripped me up before.

• Members

I know that on my Presonus, you can set a scene and if the pots are not lined up, you can run into some trouble with the wrong value.

Example; Start with a "blank" scene. All faders AND all pots are at inf. If, however, the pots are physically up at a normal level, you will get nothing until you move the pot ever so slightly. Then it snaps into place. Sometimes with some surprise. Tripped me up a couple of times until I got used to that.

Archived