Help!! Monitor volume out

• Members

I am a weekend warrior/keyboard player and my band set and forget sound man. I usually keep the mixing board by my keyboard rig. I'm using a AH Zeb12fx. I plug directly in to the stereo inputs for my two boards. The two singers are in aux#1 I'm in aux#2. I have a Presonus 312AI for my monitor. No matter what I do with levels I can't get a high enough sound level out of my monitor to hear myself. any help would be heartily appreciated.

• Members

How loud a band? My new project, going out for the first time tonight, is running the FOH in the back-line. No monitors, no feedback. What I'm seeing is a lack of restraint in a lot of bands. More volume and more volume........ And for some reason no matter what they do, they can't get rid of feedback. (Or ringing ears the next few days.) Restraint is your friend. If concert levels are required, it better be a concert sized stage and PA.

• Members

I agree with your Foh idea, That being said our volume level on the stage was very good, No heads getting ripped off and no feed back issue. The monitor that I'm using should have enough head room to melt my brain lol. I simply was not getting even close to the volume out of that monitor. Do you think it could be something with the gain of the aux out?

Archived