JBL PRX: Any issues with mixing the various series?

• Members

Right now I have a pair of JBL PRX 512s and a JBL PRX 618 sub. I've been toying with adding monitors forever and have gone back and forth on what to get... but I recently ran across a good deal on a pair of PRX 612s. I was going to pick up a pair of RCF ART 10s, but I think I'd be better off getting the PRX 612s if I can find them used.

Any issues with mixing the various series? I'd probably use the 512s to monitor duty and the 612s to FOH.

• Members

I've been using a pair of 512Ms over 618-XLF subs for a few months now and have been noticing that the tops don't really keep up when pushing the system very hard. It's fine at lower volumes, but the tops peak out long before the subs do. So I think I'm going to be looking for a pair of used 612s or new 712s sometime pretty soon.

• Members
I've been using a pair of 512Ms over 618-XLF subs for a few months now and have been noticing that the tops don't really keep up when pushing the system very hard. It's fine at lower volumes' date=' but the tops peak out long before the subs do. So I think I'm going to be looking for a pair of used 612s or new 712s sometime pretty soon.[/quote']

Where are you crossing over? Are you using the x-over in the sub?

• Members

Does the limit LED flash on the tops? Double-check that the crossover switch on the subs is pushed in which engages the HP output rarther than full range out. It's hard to tell from looking at it because it's a shallow stroke switch.

Archived