• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
~~Weird that some of the threads are just missing half-the-posts for no apparent reason...
Turns out the threading of Lithium isn't compatible with VB so they have to run a background process to "flatten" out the threads in the background - and it will take a week to hit all 35 million eekphil .

• Members

Maybe I'm missing something but so far I don't see the point of changing? I was pretty comfortable with the Lithium forum and now i have to figure out how to do everything again. I lost my Smilies and the ability to post youtube videos and off-site images :( . Anybody seeing any upside?

• Members
I think this is a step in the right direction, let's see how well the execution progresses. I have higher hopes than before.

The problem is there have been so many missteps with the forums over the years that the community has taken an enormous hit it. Past problems easily took 1/2 the traffic that was here mid 2000's. Some of that is likely the emergence of social media, facebook, twitter, etc, getting a larger share of "online time" but some of it certainly is not getting it right, then not getting it right again, and again.

• Members

BTW, just like when things were shaky a few years ago, it takes 30-60 seconds from the time I hit "post reply" until the time it posts, and it has timed out a few times. The core base will put up with that, new and casual users will not.... That's the stuff the lessened the relevance before and sent people to other forums.

• Members
The problem is there have been so many missteps with the forums over the years that the community has taken an enormous hit it. Past problems easily took 1/2 the traffic that was here mid 2000's. Some of that is likely the emergence of social media, facebook, twitter, etc, getting a larger share of "online time" but some of it certainly is not getting it right, then not getting it right again, and again.
The guys in charge now definitely want to get it right, let's give them the week they asked to get it all running smooth :) . In the mean time the three or four of us logged on at any one time can have the place to ourselves ;) .

And I'm off to pick up a loaned out 310A, I'll need four on the float I'm doing tomorrow :) .

Archived