• Members

What could go wrong? As long as you don't need readily available parts, local support, have to meet riders, have to cross rent, need presets written for DSP on readily available platforms because you already have a complete Rational Acousctics Smaart suite and a space suitable for measuring and creating your own presets, you should be just fine. Go for it. :)

• Members

I think you find getting parts later will be difficult if not impossible.  I know a guy runs a scooter shop and he has to fly to Vietnam every year to find parts for scooters he sold just a few year before.  The Chinese are not known for supporting the their products.  With that known go ahead if you know the risks.

• CMS Author

A.M.Productions wrote:

Thoughts?

I think that even after all the support issues are considered and rejected by rationalization, that you have no idea what they sound like, and I'm guessing won't know until it's too late.

• Members
Well I bought them... Waiting on them now. Here are some pictures: http://amproductionsla.com/china-array.php They said they would give me the flying bumpers and jumper cables for free...

P.S. What happened to my post count? Was up to about 170.

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FAQ at the top right of the screen.

It will explain that we are indexing post in the back ground.

The posts that are missing will populate and as they do, your post count should heal itself.

Thanks

D

• Members
Well I bought them... Waiting on them now. Here are some pictures: http://amproductionsla.com/china-array.php They said they would give me the flying bumpers and jumper cables for free...

​I sure hope your deal works out better than what my brother is going through over there right now. He has a commercial product manufactured in China (all the internal components are made almost exclusively there and not available in US) and first couple orders were good but now something is up... parts are changing without approval, shipment 30 days late departing, what was previously delivered was not what was represented. He is going to use his friend's company inspector who lives there make a surprise visit to see what is really going on. Inspector like fortune cookie with very bad fortune inside... can you say surprise?

I sure hope you get something useable at least, and not a bunck of boxes full of dead cats.

• Members

​I sure hope your deal works out better than what my brother is going through over there right now. He has a commercial product manufactured in China (all the internal components are made almost exclusively there and not available in US) and first couple orders were good but now something is up... parts are changing without approval, shipment 30 days late departing, what was previously delivered was not what was represented.

Lemme guess: Somebody figured out they could make something cheaper by making it cheaper?

Reminds me of some "company meetings" I attended quite a few years ago. The head office had sent out an up and rising star employee, who was climbing the corporate ladder, to tweak the systems of one of the subsidiary plants, which I was involved with. He was going to get us production and marketing people all tuned up. The gist of his "brilliance" was that he demanded we collectively:

1) Reduce costs, and:

2) Increase production and sales, and:

3) Raise prices.

His "plan" really didn't get any deeper than that. He did, however, keep thumping his mantra that "high tech is key to success"... and he did buy a lot of high tech gadgets which he fiddled around with endlessly in his executive office. One of the gadgets was an RC helicopter... to this day I have no idea what the grand plan was with that... but it was pretty cool.

• Members

I was looking into having something made in China and my Uncle warnd me that when the machines get out of alignment, the Chinese don't care - you ordered 50,000 of those gadgets and by God they are gonna churn them out for you, the fact that they aren't the exact size that you ordered is YOUR problem, Yankee! LOL

Archived