Need help with mixer for tomorrow's show

• Members

Ok guys. Just looking for options here. Basically we have an old euro rack mixer hooked up to a crown amp and two peavey sp4. That's the bars system. I have a mackie 808s that I would like to hook up to the euro rack so a band can use the extra channels and effects. How would I go about this?

My idea was to run left and right mixer out from the mackie into a left and right channel input of the eurorack. Then use the speaker out from the mackie to run a monitor.. Would that work ok?

Yes, I know the euro rack is a pile of dog ****:) I'm just trying to get more channel inputs out of what we have. Thanks!!

• Members

Would both mixers be on stage, using the same power? Are you sure you need the extra channels? What are you micing, and what are you planning to run through the 808? Will any phantom power be involved? Is this an audience gets drunk and falls down gig, or is it an "important" gig with a bad PA.

My feeling is, if you can avoid it, don't mix those two mixers.

• Members

Sick boy78 wrote:

Ok guys. Just looking for options here. Basically we have an old euro rack mixer hooked up to a crown amp and two peavey sp4. That's the bars system. I have a mackie 808s that I would like to hook up to the euro rack so a band can use the extra channels and effects. How would I go about this?

My idea was to run left and right mixer out from the mackie into a left and right channel input of the eurorack. Then use the speaker out from the mackie to run a monitor.. Would that work ok?

Yes, I know the euro rack is a pile of dog ****
:)
I'm just trying to get more channel inputs out of what we have. Thanks!!

it could. line out of course. then if someone wants something from the behringer in the monitors, what then?   how many channels is the behringer? how many do you need?  There is nothing inherently wrong with the Eurorack and the Mackie is not amazingly better.  But, would it just be easier to plug the SP4 into your Mackie and submix from the behringer if you need a couple channels?

more often than not, these kinds of convoluted setups are more hassle than benefit...especially when you want to concentrate on playing, not kludging together a sound system. I'd drop unimportant inputs...if there are any, and make it as hassle free as possible. not having reverb isn't the end of the world either

• Members

I probably won't do it. I can't hook them up any other way because it's the bars dj system and can't re route anything. The behringer is a mx1604a and I wanted to use my mackie because it's behind the dj booth and is a bit out of reach for cords and lack of EQ. It only has three band per channel and no other EQ available. It's also just a four channel. I plugged into the system with and acoustic and it's not bad. Just not the most versatile.

• Members

Use the L/R Mixer Out jacks of the Mackie into a stereo channel on the EuroRack... OR depending on what you run through the Mackie send just the L/Mains signal to the EuroRack and use the R/Monitor speaker outs for your monitors.

We really need more detail of what instruments you run, which need FOH support, etc...

• Members

We would run two vocal mics, and one acoustic guitar. Possibly a electric violin, and acoustic bass. I actually don't know what the band "needs" as I'm NOT doing sound, only trying to help out if needed. They have no sound man as far as I know. I was asked to open for them and I'm just throwing out ideas to the dj who is putting the show on. And I'm trying to cover bases if the band needs more channels in a pinch.

Archived