Allen and Heath ZED 10FX question

• Members

I have had this mixer for two years and really enjoy the sound quality, FX, portability and versatility. Recently I discovered that occasionally a "rushing" noise (the noise floor) will be higher than usual in both my monitor and PA mains. All I need to do to eliminate it is push down firmly on the "AUX" trim for the channel (if it is in my monitor) or the Level knob if it is in the PA mains.

Sometimes, if the "rush" is in the PA mains, it is also eliminated by pushing firmly on the AUX trim on the channels I am using (it is usually only caused by one channel, even though I may have 3 active). 

What causes this? I am accustomed to swiveling trim knobs to clean them on many pieces of equipment I have but these channels are used regularly and should not need cleaning.

• Members

wagtail wrote:

I have had this mixer for two years and really enjoy the sound quality, FX, portability and versatility. Recently I discovered that occasionally a "rushing" noise (the noise floor) will be higher than usual in both my monitor and PA mains. All I need to do to eliminate it is push down firmly on the "AUX" trim for the channel (if it is in my monitor) or the Level knob if it is in the PA mains.

Sometimes, if the "rush" is in the PA mains, it is also eliminated by pushing firmly on the AUX trim on the channels I am using (it is usually only caused by one channel, even though I may have 3 active). 

What causes this? I am accustomed to swiveling trim knobs to clean them on many pieces of equipment I have but these channels are used regularly and should not need cleaning.

Mine has never done this.  I haven't heard of others that have had this issue either.

Are you certain it is from your mixer?

How do you have your PA setup?

• Members

Yes, I am certain because all I do is press firmly on the trim knob and the rushing sound disappears.  I have 3 channels currently operating, with vocals in one channel, drum machine in another and guitar in a third.  This problem does not persist and occurs intermittently.  The quality of the sound is the same, with the exception of the rushing sound.  In other words, the signal is not louder or softer in each instance.

Archived