Yamaha 166 cx

• Members

Looking for advice on adjusting this mixer with regards to vocals and reverb suggestions... our 3 vocalists are all amazing singers but I think when we are playing live,  i could thicken up there sound with a touch of reverb?   I am completely new at this as we tried to have a sound guy for our first few gigs but cannot afford the cost when at gigs since there really isnt enough PIE to go around--  Also does anyone have advice on using the compression feature ?

• Members

Wow .. 4 responses already !! Thank you for the info -- so we have 3 vocalists who are all excellent .. Male vocalist has a ill rasp and hits some crazy highs so I'd think compression for him ? -- not sure how to set the comp. as it is right on the board as opposed to using the insert / separate unit -- sooooo... with regards to reverb ..if they are good singers should I have no reverb at all ? Or do you think use a little bit ? We sing pop/dance Rihanna / Miley Cirus to older rock like pat benetar / eurythmics ...

• Members

newbie167 wrote:

I am completely new at this as we tried to have a sound guy for our first few gigs but cannot afford the cost when at gigs since there really isnt enough PIE to go around-- 

I'll suggest that if you have a capable sound person locally available for a reasonable price (

Because:  I firmly believe (and I have yet to be otherwise proven) that a return on an investment has to be preceded by first making the investment.  It basically never works the other way around, and generally works to varying degrees the forward way... you can't win the lottery without buying a ticket.  Stacking the odds in your favor is generally a matter of your game plan and the talent and investment in the project.  And a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.  Admittedly there are those dripping in talent who can make it on talent alone (but the successful ones generally involve handlers to fill in the blank spots in their talent).

Archived