OT SNOW Storm and cancellations.

• Members

Myself, I agreed to fill in on bass Saturday night with 4 days notice and looks like the only rehearsal isn't going to happen tonight. I have to take the wife out tomorrow night (if I want to live wink.gif) and Saturday I have to go directly from my 5 year old's first Daddy-Daughter dance to the gig freak.gif. OTOH about half Brown Eyed Sally tunes, when in doubt drink more and hammer on the "D" (I tune DGCF) - Woo biggrin.gif !

• CMS Author

I'm guessing we had about 10-12 inches here. More is coming later tonight, about 3-6 inches. The snow went from light and fluffy, to sleet, and that saturated the light snow making it an absolute bear to shovel. I did two 3 hour stints of shoveling to clear my little area, and I'm exhausted and achy-sore now.

• Members

Craig Vecchione wrote:

I'm guessing we had about 10-12 inches here. More is coming later tonight, about 3-6 inches. The snow went from light and fluffy, to sleet, and that saturated the light snow making it an absolute bear to shovel. I did two 3 hour stints of shoveling to clear my little area, and I'm exhausted and achy-sore now.

I picked up one of these a week or so ago as my 1996 toro power shifts transmission bit the dust. The way the winter """ WAS""" going I thought I wouldn't be using it much. Now I'm glad I did. But like you it still takes about 3 hours to do the yard as its large. Then shovel off the garage roof/deck etc. and move that.

In a way glad that I'm home friday. Coming in after a gig with a 3+ foot snow bank to move before unloading is no fun at 3:30 am!

DougNew MTD Snowblower.JPG

13 HP , 30 inch cut.

• Members

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.  I live in metro Detroit and am facing one of those "fit it all in" weekends.   My eight piece band is playing tomorrow night up in Flint (roughly 50 miles from my home).  My Sunday night ice hockey team is competing in the USA Hockey Adult Hockey tournament in Lansing (90 miles from my home via the direct route - and roughly 60 miles from Flint).   My day starts with a midday setup in Flint ... followed by a drive to Lansing for the 5:50 pm puck drop at my first game of round robin play.  Immediately after the game, I'm hotshoing it back to Flint hoping to arrive just in time for my band's 9 pm start.  After the gig, it's back to Lansing - for Saturday's 10:45 am and 6:00 pm games.   With a little luck, I'll have at least 1 game on Sunday - maybe two games if we make it to the finals. 

The weather forecast says it will be cold - but no snow. So I'm not expecting any significant delays on the road.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed in that regard.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.  

• Members

Hint....do not go under an 8 horse power snowblower if you live in 6 to 12 inch or above snowfall per dump.

:)

I have been experiencing 15F -30F below for a few months.

This has been a winter that kicks serious @

I do remember the winter I did some time in up in North Dakota in the very early 80's

You do not want to go there!  Coaster...how do you do it man?

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

67 degrees here today, tonight's show is David Lindley and Hot Tuna. Did I mention how much I appreciate working with grown up acts? It's an all analog night tonight, and we are all enjoying the analog glory!!!

Wow, now there is a name I have not heard for a lot of years, I saw him open up for I think BOC, Nugent and Heart when they did a stadium summer tour in maybe 81...did not even realize he was still working

• Members

Oops, guess my eyeball tachometer is out of calibration freak.gif. Sure looked like they were spinning crazy fast.

In any case hope mine holds together one more storm (due tomorrow), the gas is leaking out of the bowl overflow as the needle valve is stuck open - been that way all season freak.gif. I cooked the impeller clutch a bit last storm as there was ice in the impeller chamber not letting the impeller spin - now that I think of it, it did smell of burnt rubber so most certainly a belt clutch like pictured above. The wheels won't spin in first gear unless you pick them off the ground until spinning - been that way for a couple years. Whatcha think, time for a good going over LOL ? Just a cheap WalMart MTD (8hp?) about 8 years old now with about zero maintinence done to it, figured it would run until it doesn't and I'd get a new one just like a Behringer wink.gif. Oh, and the electic start clutch stopped engaging last storm, was noisy the storm before - hope I didnt trash the ring gear freak.gif.

BTW I did add a fuel shutoff when I bought it and always let it run dry when I'm done, and drain it out in the spring - no stabil needed. Should probably change the oil, I try to remember to check the level every couple of years LOL. I only use it about 3 hours a year on average I would guess, a couple of those years not at all. Two inch storms I don't bother with but I think I'll have 5 hours on it this year after this weekend.

Archived