a whole 'nother level...

Bajazz

• Members

Talking about level raisers.

I been in soloact bizniss for nearly 20 years, and along the way there were things I did that took my act to another level. From the start I had lot of the songs together, but it all notched up when I added some of the killer tunes to make up very close to the songs I use today and have for years. Let's face it, onece you have some hundred killer tunes there is very little need to alter your repertoire, it just works every time.

Gear-wise, I frankly don't think the audience noticed me going from crapy monitors as PA to italian expensive quality FBT. However many commented on the even and pleasing sound of my BOSE PAS, and my back don't complain either. + no more feedback with my headset and no need for monitors.

Also when I left my music stand at home and suddenly started to look at the audience and they could look at me without being distracted by the stand (Who of course was set discrete to the side .... :facepalm:)

Going totally wireless let me move around and do crazy things.

What are your events that made you bump up a level?

• Members

For me, it was the decision to bring a keyboard and guitar out with me. Playing both gives me the ability to really change up my sound... no matter what you do, vocals and acoustic guitar will start to sound the same after a while. I think another decision was to use backing tracks. I resisted it for a long long time but once I gave in, I was happier and people liked it better.

• Members

For me was once this new duo took off in terms of paying gigs I upped the game and you are right, people seldom notice the improved sound quality other than other musicians but they do notice the better presentation and overall look of things!

The dress up and attitude was always the same.

Rod

Archived