Duo's fees...

ThunderHarp

• Members

I started a duo with a great singer/guitarist. We'll be doing 60-70's stuff. Probably be playing at Restaraunt / bars. No late night dance scenes for us.

Just wondering what the going rate might be for a duo.

I realize all markets are different. Im not in NYC, but not in Possumville, WV either.

A band around here makes $250-$450. A very few bigger names make over $1000.

So if we are offering the same entertainment (minus the nosebleed volume) should we not make the same money???

What do you think?

• Members

It all depends on how well liked you are. At first you may have to but not always take lower paying jobs to get established. Once you get you name around you can command more. Around here a duo goes for about $150 to $400 for bar/restaurant gigs. Private parties always have a 150%+ adder, sometimes a lot more depending on your customers financial status.

• Members

I agree with Telecruiser. Best bet is $100 a man to get into a venue, then $125 per man if they like it - for Sun thru Wed gigs. For Thur / Fri / Sat, try and hit them for $150 to $200 per man.

As you would expect though, for that - you need to be a good duo that knows how to "do the job" so that no one @ the venue needs to worry about their entertainment for the night.

Good luck !

Archived