anyone play Waffle House songs?

pogo97

• Members

Just curious.

Waffle Houses seem to be a SE USA thing and I was always intrigued by (aside from the fried dough with sugar on top) the fact that someone always said "hello" when you came in and that they had jukeboxes with songs like "Waffle House Rock" or "I Met Her at the Waffle House" in the playlist.

Sometime maybe after I've mastered "Smurfing Beer" I'll tackle one of those.

Classic_Juke_Box_4ebae079dd0f1_300x250.j

• Members

For years, I have had this song idea to write a song about a waitress at the local Waffle House. I have spent many a late night there eating a breakfast plate... western omelette with diced green chili peppers. My brother and I have fond memories of walking over from our apartment to play one of the first high-tech video games -- Asteroids. We pushed some quarters through that thing!

• Members

...and how about a song for those experiences where you walk into a WH after a gig, only to find that the cook and one of the waitresses just walked out in disgust..meanwhile, 2 big hairy drunk guys fighting over the jukebox: ANARCHY AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE (a subversive communist plot no doubt!).
:eek:

Got an mp3 of that one?

• Members

Sorry for the tease, Terry- there's no actual song as of yet, it just seems like there OUGHT to be a WH song about that situation. But of course, they wouldn't put a song like that on the WH jukebox, anyway.

All this WH talk is making me hungry- think I'll put on my WH hat and fry something up (if you ask, they'll usually give you one and it really DOES make you cook better)

Archived