Songbook ChordPro- Video Demo

Potts

• Members

There's been a lot of talk about IPads, Tablets and songbooks lately. Attached is a short video I made on a crappy camera. It's probably not overly informative, but you'll get a basic idea of what Songbook Chordpro is about. Feel free to ask me anything if you have questions...

[video=youtube;_m2OX93LSo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2OX93LSo0&feature=youtu.be

• Members

Darrell,

brill thanks for taking the time to do this, can I ask, it seems that in order to move from one song to another you have to first swipe, then hit the track start button, then the lyric scroll button. Am I seeing that right and if so it seems a bit fiddly and does the lyrics auto sync with the track? Or if you miss the pressing of the lyric scroll button for a couple of seconds will you be playing catch up for the rest of the song. Surely it would be better if you just pressed on thing for both track and lyric to start at the same time. Again my old eyes may be missing something.

Again thanks for posting.

Steve Mac

• Members

You're welcome!

Steve you are correct- it is a bit silly that they didn't just make one button to start both the scroll and the backing track. I'd have to say I've MADE most of my lyrics fit on one page. To be honest, I don't even really use the scroll feature for the one's that go longer than a page. It's just as easy to do a quick swipe and grab the rest of the lyrics. I guess for the ones that I will use the scroll feature it may be a little "process heavy" but I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it.

• Members

You're welcome!

Steve you are correct- it is a bit silly that they didn't just make one button to start both the scroll and the backing track. I'd have to say I've MADE most of my lyrics fit on one page. To be honest, I don't even really use the scroll feature for the one's that go longer than a page. It's just as easy to do a quick swipe and grab the rest of the lyrics. I guess for the ones that I will use the scroll feature it may be a little "process heavy" but I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it.

Thanks guy. Will Songbook Chordpro import tabs from sites like Cowpie and ultimate guitar tabs?

• Members

Steve Mac

why do you think it's a "bit fiddly" swipe to to get tracks playing and scrolling started by pressing more than one button,:facepalm:

All you have to do is swipe, press with two fingers (that is the way it works on Onsong), EASY!!

And, let me ask you, where are you going to get all that functionality in a space of two square inches at the bottom of your charts??

I don't know about Songbook but Onsong has that in a small corner of the app, and given that the iPad is just slightly smaller than a piece of paper and only 2-3 lbs it's a no brainer.

Using the iPad smokes the old way of doing business for a single act!

I mean carrying several note books/chart books, carrying a separate music stand, carrying a musicstand light, getting power to that light.

Add to that the lyric scrolling, track playing(with auto cueing), video lyric display (for worship leading) auto backup to the cloud(I use Dropbox, but I think it will do Google docs and some others)

I mean the list goes on.

The only point brought up here in these forums was someone wanting it to run his lighting, and while I haven't seen of an app that adds that function (there are separate midi controls apps that will do that), the rest of the benefits are too much to ignore.

there might be an Android tablet out there that will get these benifits to you for cheaper, but do those have 10 battery life?

• Members

Hey Darrell

Thanks for posting this. I had been considering an iPad for just this purpose and after seeing your demo I went out and bought one. Loaded it up with songs today and it seems to work great. Very easy!

Do you know if there is a way to have scrolling but not have the metronome click or flash?

• Members

Hey Darrell

Thanks for posting this. I had been considering an iPad for just this purpose and after seeing your demo I went out and bought one. Loaded it up with songs today and it seems to work great. Very easy! Do you know if there is a way to have scrolling but not have the metronome click or flash?

Thanks! And you're welcome! Just make sure you only hit the "play" button and not the metronome. They're independent of each other. ;)

• Members

I just found out a couple of new tricks for Songbook. Tap on the screen with 2 fingers to advance to the next song. And the other one is tap the screen with 3 fingers and it scrolls...

• Members

Thanks much for demo. I've already loaded close to 2000 lyric/chord charts into my iPad using OnSong. Not sure if ChordPro is better or worse, but I'm probably not going to change now. I like that OnSong allows me to change font size to pretty much fit most songs on one screen without having to scroll. I'm assuming ChordPro does the same.

Archived