my duo's first gig scheduled

deezle250

• Members

I still play in a 5 piece and played in a trio, so I guess I can officially be in this forum now.

Booked our first gig a couple weeks out.

Wildwood

Covers and originals (mainly country), acoustic guitars, mandolin, cajon, shakers, no ipad, no backing tracks, maybe music stand, have a PA but it's not a Bose, no lights.

Let's see, now what am I forgetting? :wave:

• Members

Sounds good. I grabbed my guitar and was jamming right along with you.

2 things that might help if you don't mind me saying. Vocal compression would really help keep your vocals on top and if you could learn to sing either beside or over your mike instead of directly in to it, you could tame those sssssssssss pretty quick.

If you were closer, I'd definitely come and see you. :phil:

• Members

Thanks for the input folks. We were just recording at practice, couple of dynamic mics and DI for the guitar. Recorded from the record out on my powered mixer, via my computer into Sonar. We didn't put a lot of effort into the mix, except I did go back and add the drum in on a separate track on one of the songs.

And the harmonies are works in progress.

Damnit, I need more cowbell!

• Members

Thanks for the input folks. We were just recording at practice, couple of dynamic mics and DI for the guitar. Recorded from the record out on my powered mixer, via my computer into Sonar. We didn't put a lot of effort into the mix, except I did go back and add the drum in on a separate track on one of the songs.

And the harmonies are works in progress.

Damnit, I need more cowbell
!

A member of a band playing at a festival with my band yesterday was wearing a T-shirt that said " More Beer Less cowbell"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We played our debut show this past Friday. Our duo turned into an acoustic trio, which worked out great. We added a gal singer who adds great harmonies to what we were doing and she can sing lead as well. Of course she joined the group a week before the show so we got in about two practices, but we faired just fine. We played around 3 hours to a 1/2 full place but everyone there had a good time and wanted us back for a later date.

Archived