Shaw Blades

Potts

• Members

Loved them together since Damn Yankees. Shaw/Blades is phenomenal. Been into their thing for years.

I guess they've been here in Buffalo a few times but never got to see them. Do they still do little tours?

• Members

I guess they've been here in Buffalo a few times but never got to see them. Do they still do little tours?

They do...although infrequent since Night Ranger and Styx are still out and about. I believe Shaw/Blades was here in Columbus at least within the last year.

• Members

2 things...everyone had cans on in the audience and Tommy Shaw is underrated as a musician. His vocals and harmonies are normally spot on.

The headphones is interesting. Hmmm. I agree. His guitar work (to me) is as tasteful as it gets. It's not a bunch of gymnastics. Another duo that I used to think complimented each other very well were Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora (another underrated guitarist). I cannot say I'm a fan these days, but together, their songwriting, vocals, and "guitar for the song" hit the proverbial nail for me in the past. In fact, to me, Richie has the better voice (very soulful) and his bluesy guitar playing is great to the ears.

Archived