what do you solo guys play thru?

eyesore

• Members

I hear ya! My wife and I perform together for the most part. We play through a Mackie 1202VLZ pro into a pair of Mackie SRM350 speakers.

It is actually a very simple setup and sounds great. I sometimes hook up a TC Electronics M350 for a touch of reverb.

I've been thinking of checking out the Soloamp or a Bose setup as well. It is very tempting, but I love the simplicity and sound of the setup we're using, so I may just look into other ways to expand or improve upon our current system.

• Members

aw come on gimme an excuse to buy the fishman soloamp!!

Small solo gigs, I use a single Crate Limo 50, on a stand.

4fbe6e4c-86cb-4d55-9755-20f94baa5f1c

Larger solo gigs and trio gigs, I use a Carvin PA1200, a pair of Carvin LM12s (recently upgraded into PM12s), my sub (trio gigs only), and whatever monitor(s) I decide to drag along.

Given a choice between the two, I'd go w/ the "Fish Stick"...have played on several occasions through both Bose models and the Fishman, and there's just no contest...

If you don't want a full PA, for whatever reason, the "Fish Stick" comes pretty close. :thu:

• Members

Bose L1 with a 400 watt powered JBL sub

I sing through a shure beta 58 through a TC helicon voice live with harmony control guitar

I play my 20 yo Takamine through a DOD acoustic 1

Recently switched from a MBP to an iPad for lyrics and soon will be adding backing tracks a few at a time

And when I can, I take my personal bar stool with a checkerboard pattern cushioned seat.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also sometimes use a "Poarchboard Bass"

Archived