September 2012 S+D Acts Open Mic Thread

joshmac

• Members

Challenge Yourself! Use the forum as a tool to progress as a musician.

Post a video or audio recording of yourself performing one or more of the following assignments in a Solo/Duo arrangement. I will post ten new song-guidelines each month, our goal is to post videos that fit within these guidelines. For example one of the choices that month might be "A Song Released between 1967 and 1970" and another may be "A Song originally performed By an Irish Act". Post vids that fit into either, or both categories. I would prefer vids filmed for this thread alone, but if you have a submission that fits one of the guidelines, please feel free to post. Be creative, show the forum what you got.

TL;DR

**Ten Guidelines for September 2012**

1) A Song From Canada

2) A Song Released Between 1945 and 1947

3) A Song From a Popular Television Show (extra points for a themesong)

4) A Song That Uses The Word "Flower" (somewhere in the lyrics or title)

5) A Song By Frank Sinatra

6) A Song By a Woman

7) A Song With No Singing (instrumental y'all)

8) A Song Released Between 1984 and 1987

9) A Song by Bill Withers

10) A Song From Big Shiny Tunes (vol. 1-154)

Here is last month's S+D Open Mic

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2940631-August-2012-S-D-Acts-Open-Mic

We had ten submissions, they were all great! Check it out people.

Looking forward to seeing your videos this month!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sunday Double Jam

Since we all know that the US government shut down HC for a week... :cool::cop:

I had no recourse but to jam at home last Sunday. This gave me the chance to try out my new phone as a camera. :thu:

Two jams on Sunday were recorded, and the other one was MUCH worse! :facepalm:

When it came time to name it (Wednesday night when I did the production) Sunday Double Jam sounded like a winner. :p

[video=youtube;FznS9bzM5hY]

• Members

Hey guys! Awesome submissions. Sorry I havent been around this thread much to keep it rollin, school started and it totally slipped my mind. Ive got some spare time today Im going to record a few. Can you guys put in your post which category your vid falls into?

Jeff- Agreed, stud. Killin it. Was that an original tune?

ALJ- Great instrumental brotha! I love Bill Withers. If you have a few minutes check out the live footage of him on youtube where he's wearing the orange turtleneck it is super sensual

pogo97- Great tune! Your voice is really unique, if were ever in the same area Id love to jam (will be in Kingston within the next month or so.....)

• Members

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I had to remove myself from the internet for a bit, but now I'm back!:thu:

There are some great tunes in this thread! Keep up the good work! The month is almost over; you guys better get cracking!

We're missing some people, though. Mike gets a pass though...not sure I want to see him play nekkid.

Archived