My new web site

BlueStrat

• Members

No. I'm on my office computer, which I find is often missing something. Haha. Thanks for the heads up.

Doesn't surprise me though. The speakers on my computer aren't working right now either, but since I'm not an admin on the system I can't do updates or a lot of what it would take to get it all functioning properly. Oh well.

Cheers!

• Members

Nice looking site! Where's all the scrolling text, flashing animations and cranking music when you hit the site though?

In all seriousness this is a classic example of less is more. The look is simple and doesn't strain the eyes, the navigation in easy to understand and the site provides all of the information that is needed. Too many people miss all or some of those components.

• Members

Pat I think it's a really nice site, however I would change the wording slightly to improve your SEO and also include every conceivable method of contacting you not just your email. I would include your phone number on every single page and change your email to your domain i.e. pat@patcashband.com rather than your current Hotmail one. Also don't forget to update your business cards. Remember to keep updating the site. And perhaps include a blog and contact form.

All the best Steve

• Members

Nice.

Very tastefully done.

I'm a bit OCD about sites sometimes kinda stupid, eh,.... anyhow... the little yellow lines at the bottom. It looks like there should be something under them, but you didn't need that function in the template. Can you add custom CSS? This would turn them off:

#FvGrdLn1k, #FvGrdLnt, #FvGrdLn1j {

display: none;

}

• Members

hi

nice site. nice and simple..

just a quick suggestion. you might add some words saying you can hear all the tunes on CDBaby.

when i go to someones site first thing i wanna do is hear what they do, to know if its my thing. then if i like it i investigate more while im listening..

so if some folks arent CDBaby fans, they mightnt realise its a simple case of click and then listen..

or even link to the listening samples straight from your site??

or alternatively just ignore me and leave it exactly the way it is ;)

anyway some lovely picking on the acoustic tunes. sounds really nice and well recorded...

nice one

d

• Members

Looks good Pat.

Taking into consideration doezer's mention of CDbaby. You should link that to your CDbaby page as well as your iTunes and Amazon pages. Visitors should not have to dig those up, you should make it as easy as possible.

I don't know if WIX has SEO management tools, if so, use them.

Add this; to your meta files.

• Members
Pat I think it's a really nice site, however I would change the wording slightly to improve your SEO and also include every conceivable method of contacting you not just your email. I would include your phone number on every single page and change your email to your domain i.e.
rather than your current Hotmail one. Also don't forget to update your business cards. Remember to keep updating the site. And perhaps include a blog and contact form.

All the best Steve

Since I only have one phone number, I'm not making it public. Other ideas are good though.

• Members

Since I only have one phone number, I'm not making it public. Other ideas are good though.

I was the same when I created my first site, I was a one man band and had trouble separating my personal from private and felt exactly the same about my phone number, so I invested in a toll free number from a service, it cost very little, gave me piece of mind, I claimed it back on my tax return and I was one of the very few if not the only photographer to offer a free call. In the end I recon it was worth a couple of jobs a month and therefore paid for itself many times over.

Sorry if this isn't useful , I really like your website. All the best Steve

• Members

so I invested in a toll free number from a service, it cost very little, gave me piece of mind, I claimed it back on my tax return

Definitely something worth looking into. And no apologies necessary-I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. I added a "listen to it" and an "itunes " button.

As an aside, you know what I like about solo performing over playing with a band? It always seems like we solo guys are more of a brotherhood and a family willing to help each other out. At least here it's that way!

• Members

Hey Pat~ I hope you don't mind but I'd love to throw a couple of things your way. I'm a design guy and love finding improvements if I can. My friends and I do it all the time with pages and layouts and still miss stuff. I checked all the links and everything and the site looks and functions great!

The Bio Page- Put a paragraph break or 2 enters after ...acoustic CD "Dead Little Towns". And then again after "with his own spin on them". This will make it easier to read and fill up the text area a little more to correspond with the image.

The Bio Page- If you can use the same "frame" around the image as you do on your "contact" page. it looks nice and then the pages will be a little more uniform

Contact Page- Iside wix just click on the text box that contains your email address and make it a link. It's just handy that way

Shows Page- An image similar to the ones you have on the rest of the site. With the nice frame on it.

Home Page- Drop your photo a little bit

• Members

Hey Pat~ I hope you don't mind but I'd love to throw a couple of things your way. I'm a design guy and love finding improvements if I can. My friends and I do it all the time with pages and layouts and still miss stuff. I checked all the links and everything and the site looks and functions great!

• The Bio Page- Put a paragraph break or 2 enters after ...
    acoustic CD "Dead Little Towns"
    . And then again after
    "with his own spin on them"
    . This will make it easier to read and fill up the text area a little more to correspond with the image.

• The Bio Page- If you can use the same "frame" around the image as you do on your "contact" page. it looks nice and then the pages will be a little more uniform

• Contact Page- Iside wix just click on the text box that contains your email address and make it a link. It's just handy that way

• Shows Page- An image similar to the ones you have on the rest of the site. With the nice frame on it.

• Home Page- Drop your photo a little bit

Thanks! Great ideas. I'll give them a whirl. Thanks for taking the time.

• Members

Pottsy, I took your advice. See anything else I could fix? Besides swapping my pics out with Brad Pitt's or something, I mean!

Great! The site really does look pretty sweet. Anything from here on out is just nit-picking :) I didn't notice last night but you have Home, Biography and Shows perfectly centered under your menu and it looks good. The Recordings and Contact pages are flush left- you may want to slide them over. Again just for uniformity. The only other "idea" that I could see that you can take with a grain of salt is making the home page as more of a welcome page. There are two schools of thought. The way you have it now as a "splash" page or something like the following. FWIW I don't have any type of welcome message on mine but I have in the past. My site needs help actually..lol

pat%20mock.jpg

• Members

Looks pretty cool, Pat!

The only nitpick I have: the second photo on the Recordings page does not load up. Just see a red X in the corner. The Dead Little Towns cover loads just fine. It's possible it is just something with the computer I'm using (It's a Win XP).

Archived