20 New Demos in 2 months...wow..

sventvkg

• Members

Did everything myself..If anyone's curious they're here:)
http://soundcloud.com/seanmormelo

I'm jealous of ya'll out there making money playing!!!!

Sean,,,, all I can say is WoW!!!! You are the "complete package". I seldom ever listen to more than a track or two when I read these types of post, but I listened to every single one of yours,,, and to say I'm impressed, would be a complete understatement. I'm not even a country fan,,, but in this case, your raw talent transcends my personal preferences.

With the right contacts,(someone who understands "marketability" in the music business), you could really get somewhere. Your in Nashville, and I know that's a tough market to crack (I have friends there), It's just a matter of catching the right contact, at the right moment, in the right circumstances. Best of luck to you, and remember us when you do your first Austin City Limits gig. :thu:

• Members

How did you do it all yourself? What's next, shopping to publishers or do you have something else in mind? I didn't listen objectively, but your stuff sounds as good as what I'm hearing on Country radio from what I heard.

In Nashville it's about being out playing a lot of rounds, hooking up with other co-writers, writing, meeting publishers and THEM asking you to submit material..Or, sometimes you know someone who sets up meetings etc but it's really hard to get your songs to people who can do anything with them unsolicited. I have lots of connections through NSAI and I have an open door at a few Publishing Houses through people I have met plus I know a bunch of other songwriters who are published who said they will help out when the time has come. Up until now I have been building the widgets so I have enough to present. Next year and beyond will be selling them:)

AS far as how I did the Demos..been a recording/Mix engineer almost as long as I've been a musician and I play a lot of instruments so I'm lucky that I've chosen to build musical skills at the expense of pretty much any other skill!! :)) Thanks for the kind words.

• Members

Sean,,,, all I can say is WoW!!!! You are the "complete package". I seldom ever listen to more than a track or two when I read these types of post, but I listened to every single one of yours,,, and to say I'm impressed, would be a complete understatement. I'm not even a country fan,,, but in this case, your raw talent transcends my personal preferences.

With the right contacts,(someone who understands "marketability" in the music business), you could really get somewhere. Your in Nashville, and I know that's a tough market to crack (I have friends there), It's just a matter of catching the right contact, at the right moment, in the right circumstances. Best of luck to you, and remember us when you do your first Austin City Limits gig.
:thu:

I'm humbled...Very humbled Bobby..Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. :)

• Members

Were your songs written and recorded within that 2 month span or were you referring to 2 months of getting everything tracked>mixed>mastered? Either way, you're kickin as. I was just curious about your writing process and what/if something inspired you to begin the marathon.

• Members

All the songs that I got recorded and mixed in the past 2 months were written before I started recording them with the exception of Money which I wrote last month and whipped out the next couple days :) I did have some of these demos started with baseline scratch tracks laid and a grid in Pro Tools....

As for the writing process, this is what I do full time and I've been trying to get my backlog of songs recorded. I had been concentrating on the more commerical Country stuff for publishers here in Nashville but I wanted to get some other stuff done as well. I haven't been in heavy writing mode this year..Maybe only written about 20 tunes because I've been literally in the studio trying to catch up..Next year I'll shift my focus to writing, playing rounds and trying to get songs cut.

Archived