Wedding Singer Pricing?

cherri

• Members

I checked online to see what others are charging locally. Wow I can't believe people make upwards of $200 per SONG to do this.

DM - Its ceremony only, outdoors (weather permitting) on the beach, and they are providing an accompanyist. Your price suggestion seems to be the going rate in this area.

• Members

The going rate depends on how well you're known as a wedding ceremony singer, and how good you are. Friends of the bride get nothing in most cases. $100-200 would be a safe range to ask for. Start high and negotiate down if they blink. Your area and the overall wedding budget are also variables that should make a difference.

• Members

Solo - $200, trio $400...did one solo for $500, back in June, but the groom also asked that I write them a special song, with references to certain events that were special to them, and I recorded them a one-off CD with that and the other 3 songs I performed for their Special Day (also requests, but from the bride, this time).

BTW, I use Crate Limo 50s, which are loud enough, while not being too large (plus having batteries, they can set me/us up anywhere that they prefer, w/o power cables tripping anyone).

• Members

A guy played classical guitar during our ceremony about 4 years ago. He played 3 or 4 songs during the beginning, plus ceremony music. He learned a couple Beatles tunes for me, too. He was great. It was a Baptist ceremony, so it was over in like 25 minutes. He only charged $150.

• Members

If I didn't have to learn any songs I would charge AFM scale. AFAIK, In my area that's $173.42 plus $17.32 pension, I'd probably round that up to $200 maybe $250 depending on the PITA factor. . I would probably throw in a PA if I knew it was just going to be used by me, but if they wanted the PA for various speeches I would want to add that to the cost. Naturally the cost would go up if I had to be there two hours early, or if it was up a mountain, or at Wreck Beach - that's our local nudist beach! Hmmmm that might depend, maybe the price would go down...

I just did a friend's daughter's wedding. I sang a two song Gospel medley right near the end of the ceremony. I didn't bring any gear except a mic and cable (no stand). I didn't want any money but they still gave me $100.00 just as a thank you. And way back in the early eighties I did some classical guitar gigs during the wedding ceremony. IIRC I got $75.00, but that was a very long time ago. I guess it's what the market will bear. Maybe the price should be a certain percentage of what the cake, wedding dress, and flower bouquets cost :)

• Members

I used to do this alot. $150 for the ceremony. I provided instrumental classical/fingerstyle music before the ceremony, and played the processional recessional and gave options on what I played. I would learn 1 song for that price too. Nylon string guitar, dressed nice, with a battery powered amp (crate limo) to be mobile. Including beach gigs, etc.

When I used an agent he charged more. If you do a good job $150 to $200 for a quality ceremony performance is very reasonable.

Edit: In all the ceremonies I have done I say I will start 30min before the start date. There is hardly ever anyone there that early and to be there 2 hours early? Never for me.

• Moderators

I checked online to see what others are charging locally. Wow I can't believe people make upwards of $200 per SONG to do this.

DM - Its ceremony only, outdoors (weather permitting) on the beach, and they are providing an accompanyist. Your price suggestion seems to be the going rate in this area.

I priced this on the assumption that you weren't doing anything but singing and maybe playing guitar, so the accompanist is another charge, but they are providing that...so I'll stick to the $100 ;)

You have beaches in MI? Oh, yeah...lakeside, I suppose inlanders call those beaches ;)

Archived