No announcement yet.

Mixer-stands,

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixer-stands,

Are any of you guys using mixer-stands, and if so, what models would you recommend. The smaller the better in this case. I'm looking for something that would suit a Soundcraft Notepad 124FX, and/or a Soundcraft EFX-8.

I'm also looking for a stand for my larger mixers (A&H MixWiz3 16;2,,,Soundcraft GL-2400-24,,,and PreSonus StudioLive -24. Looks like I'll be going with a heavy-duty Quik-Lok T-stand, or the On-Stage heavy-duty T-stand.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/quik-lok-ws540-heavy-duty-t-stand

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/on-stage-stands-ws8550-heavy-duty-t-stand
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

For a small mixer I use a keyboard stand like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XStd/

Different brands and models are stable only at certain points (i.e., unstable if not opened widely enough), so it's best to try the one you're considering to make sure it'll work safely in your environments.
    www.engine14.com

Comment

I'm surprised that I'm having a hard time finding something suitable. I've seen some really nice looking stands, yet the bases are just not appropriate. (5 legged caster-bases, like you see on office chairs). I'm looking for something compact,, with a tripod leg arrangement, similar to a miniature version of a speaker-stand.
      Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

Comment

That's why I ended up with a keyboard stand! There isn't much, if anything, out there that I'm aware of or could find expressly for smaller mixers.
        www.engine14.com

Comment

We use this.
          Legs are height adjustable, and the top can be widened out if needed. You can also fix a flat piece of plywood to make it more like a table. It is sturdy enough for a mixer.

fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4693243204143273932&sa=X&ei=qChSUNf kLumc0QWBmoCQDA&ved=0CF0Q8wIwBQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=stagg+keyboard+stand&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4693243204143273932&sa=X&ei=qChSUNf kLumc0QWBmoCQDA&ved=0CF0Q8wIwBQ
          www.smoothduo.co.uk

Comment

If you're looking for a small foot print a heavy duty music stand like this will work quite well for a good number of today's lightweight small to medium sized mixers.

There are also certain amp stands that will work well for holding a mixer while taking up a fairly small amount of space.
            Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

I built my own. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of it. It knocks down into 3pcs. a goes right into my bag for cords and other stuff.

Comment

I'm surprised that I'm having a hard time finding something suitable. I've seen some really nice looking stands, yet the bases are just not appropriate. (5 legged caster-bases, like you see on office chairs). I'm looking for something compact,, with a tripod leg arrangement, similar to a miniature version of a speaker-stand.

Buy a HEAVY duty mic stand (or speaker stand), take it to a welding shop, and tell them what you want it to become...you might be pleasantly surprised at how fast and inexpensively it can be to have exactly what you want.
                God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Buy a HEAVY duty mic stand (or speaker stand), take it to a welding shop, and tell them what you want it to become...you might be pleasantly surprised at how fast and inexpensively it can be to have exactly what you want.

Awesome idea!!!!

Comment

Boy, not around here. It's tough to find anyone good to even strike an arc for much under a hundred bucks let alone doing any fabrication work that would likely require cutting and bending.
                    Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

I've got a pretty decent workshop, and I've fabricated things from mild-steel in the past; it's pretty dirty stuff to work with though, and requires a lot of elbow-grease to get the graphite off.(from the extrusion process). It cuts and drill very easily however. Threading the parts is quick and easy too.

Frankly, the simplest solution is probably to buy a round-base mic-stand, and thread a top-plate, and attach it to the mic-stand.

The problem I have with music-stands, is the spot-welds. They really can't handle rough usage.

I like this one, and others like it, but I really dislike the base. Works fine on a level floor, but I need something for outdoor gigs, where I'm set up on the grass. That's where a tripod-base stand would work much better. The 5-leg caster base on this stand, would be a bummer to transport too.

http://www.music123.com/accessories/on-stage-stands-mix-400-audio-mixer-stand
                      Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

Comment

That's where a tripod-base stand would work much better.

You've had me thinking about this all day. I want one and I want it now

Comment

LMAO Potts, I'm in the same boat.

A few weeks ago, I also bought a tilt-back amp-stand, (an On-stage RS7705),and I'm also looking for a 5-guitar stand. I'm trying to find a deal on a K&M Guardian 5, but I'll probably end up with a Hercules GS525B I have a bunch of single,dual, and triple Hercules stands, and they're all great.
                          Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

Comment

Boy, not around here. It's tough to find anyone good to even strike an arc for much under a hundred bucks let alone doing any fabrication work that would likely require cutting and bending.

Had an amp stand fabricated, from a spare speaker stand, by a local welder for $50...he mostly does cattle-guards and heavy fencing. I've used him for various welding jobs around our property, so he may've been cutting me a good deal, but I don't think he's generally over-priced.

And he does good work.
                            God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

If you're looking for a small foot print a heavy duty music stand like this will work quite well for a good number of today's lightweight small to medium sized mixers.

There are also certain amp stands that will work well for holding a mixer while taking up a fairly small amount of space.

I use the type of keyboard stand susie uses and have placed different sized mixers on it. I also put a 4 space rack and laptop on it.

I just picked up one of these music stands and a garage sale for 4 bucks! Don't know if I'll use it yet but I couldn't pass it up.
                              BD

Comment

Working...
                              X