How many bring your own music for breaks?

Telecruiser

• Members

Yeah I have tunes on my Ipad. They're actually in playlists for the venue I'm at so I can confidently know that Biggie won't end up being played at the rest home... Kidding I dont play rest homes.

I do organize them though by venue and it's pretty sweet that way.

• Members

I used to always bring a CD player or mp3 player to plug into the PA system, but it seems like lately that it isn't necessary at some places. Some women want to feed the jukebox to hear stuff we are definitely NOT playing. It basically depends on the club. I usually bring it anyway and set it up just in case.

• Members

The reason I like to provide the music is because then I control everything. I don't have to wait on someone to turn it off when they're too busy. I can control when I start and when I end and what ever else I want. I've stopped if I'd had an issue without saying a word other than "hold on a sec" and plopped a song on real quick while I replaced a cord or something. It's pretty handy. I've also had girls just tearing it up and wanting to dance to something that I've also just stopped in mid-set and tossed some MJ or something on and went right back to playing. Having extra music with you is always a good idea IMO.

• Members

Always used mp3 player but now am putting on iPad for the same reasons above, I want control of when I start and finish plus the last thing I want is a bar jockey putting on Eric Clapton singing an acoustic version of Layla just before I go on and do my infinitely inferior version.

Also I recently watched a singer do an hours set of swing ie fly me to the moon etc then during his break they played obscure indi tunes any vibe/mood he had built up totally evaporated .

Darrell do you play your lists through an app? I like the idea of just staying in the one app all night and just touching the screen to get my break tunes started, but haven't had a good experiment yet

• Members

Darrell do you play your lists through an app? I like the idea of just staying in the one app all night and just touching the screen to get my break tunes started, but haven't had a good experiment yet

I just use the "music" app on the Ipad. It's basically Itunes.

• Members

I did data recovery for several DJs a few years ago and kept a reference copy of some of their music. I just loaded up an older iPod shuffle with some puddle deep pablum and play that. But I ask. Sometimes the club wants people to feed the jukebox. I get that. If not, I put on the generic DJ crap.

Archived