halloween costumes???

leftyjay

• Members

do you go all out on a costume or do you just buy a walmart teeshirt?

i have 4 costume gigs this month and i have a few old ideas i've used in the past.

i dresses as esteban one year. i called myself estebum

i have a slash hat and a fro wig so i can bring my les paul and play sweet child of mineicon_lol.gif

what do you usually do on halloween?

• Members

I have, in the past, dressed up for a Halloween gig, but not in some years.

Once year, when I was playing mandolin and guitar in a bluegrass band, we all dressed as KISS (I got to be the Gene Simmons character tongue.gif)...wish I had a photo, it was pretty bizarre!

Worked enough KISS songs into a bluegrass format to do 2 or 3 per set. icon_lol.gif

• Members

i would think everybody has dressed up for halloween gigs, maybe not as a single or duo, but in a band. that is one of the big nights of the year.

i decided to get a ringmaster outfit for this year since i am going to be master of ceremony. long tail coat and oversized tophat. of course it will be in a gawdy gold sequin to stand out like a sore thumb smile.gif

• Members

One year we dressed up as doctor and nurse. I drive a white mini-van and we put a small red cross on the dash. We pulled into a gated retirement community where the guard always asks for ID and checks for clearance before raising the gate. He saw us in the white van, with the red cross, me in blue scrubs and Leilani in an old-fashioned nurses outfit, and before we got to the guard house he had the gate open and was waving us in. I guess he thought it was a medical emergency instead of a musical emergency wink.gif
x_halloween_psl_elks.jpg

Here we are in the same outfits, but at a different party (we usually do more than one each year - we give the retirement developments a discount if they have their party early).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by leftyjay View Post
i would think everybody has dressed up for halloween gigs, maybe not as a single or duo, but in a band. that is one of the big nights of the year.

i decided to get a ringmaster outfit for this year since i am going to be master of ceremony. long tail coat and oversized tophat. of course it will be in a gawdy gold sequin to stand out like a sore thumb smile.gif
Excellent...if you're going to do it, do it with style and gusto! thumb.gif
Quote Originally Posted by Notes_Norton View Post
One year we dressed up as doctor and nurse. I drive a white mini-van and we put a small red cross on the dash. We pulled into a gated retirement community where the guard always asks for ID and checks for clearance before raising the gate. He saw us in the white van, with the red cross, me in blue scrubs and Leilani in an old-fashioned nurses outfit, and before we got to the guard house he had the gate open and was waving us in. I guess he thought it was a medical emergency instead of a musical emergency wink.gif
x_halloween_psl_elks.jpg

Here we are in the same outfits, but at a different party (we usually do more than one each year - we give the retirement developments a discount if they have their party early).
icon_lol.gif...cool!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MDLMUSIC

View Post

I have lots of great costumes, but only a few that I can wear on gigs. It's tough to play guitar and sing dressed in my gorilla suit.

A buddy of mine's band did a Halloween gig dressed as a zoo, once and the bassist did her's in a gorilla suit...those big plastic hands weren't too difficult for easy bass lines. icon_lol.gif

• Members

It's probably a stretch for me just to disguise myself as a musician...

The last time I did play in costume for Halloween, I wore a monk's robe and I'd probably throw it on again if the need arose. Actually, I picked up the nickname 'Monk' at one time, not because I'm religious or anything but because I'm nearly as O/C as Adrian Monk.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by pogo97 View Post
So who's the guy in the outfit in your avatar? wink.gif
biggrin.gif I might ask you who the guy is in your avatar.biggrin.gif My avatar is my guitar hero Chet Atkins. I really do wish that was me.smile.gif

But, as far as costumes go I never was comfortable being behind a mask or anything else that wasn't me or pretending to be someone (or something) else. I know people have fun with it but it has always been a little weird to me. As I said, just me.

• Members

A buddy of mine's band did a Halloween gig dressed as a zoo, once and the bassist did her's in a gorilla suit...those big plastic hands weren't too difficult for easy bass lines.
:lol:

Yeah, but I don't think I could pull it off on guitar. I have two Halloween gigs this weekend, so I'll probably put on my kilt, my khaki military shirt and my Victorian era British helmet. Maybel I'll bring my bagpipes too and see if I can't drum up a little solo business on the breaks.

• Members

I just wear all black clothes and shove some red devil horns on my head.

My Duo partner has a bald head so we just put some Uncle Fester eye makeup under his eyes.

We had a shyte Halloween gig last night.

Every one had made a great effort with their costumes but the dance floor was full of kids running round in circles squealing.

Bloody nightmare.

Archived