Successfully Played My First Frat Party

Howie22

• Members

On Saturday my duo played our first fraternity party. It was a tailgate party at the fraternity house before a home football game.

Fun times! Good crowd. Lot of typical fraternity house shenanigans (drunk kids, cheap beer, keg stands, even a fight!). Oh, and they kept bringing us beer - that's the most intoxicated I've been at a gig in quite a while! And let's not forget, being a warm day on a college campus, it was some of the best "scenery" of any gig I've ever played.

Overall, it went well. They loved us. There was a band playing at a house across the street - doing more blues/funk/soul type of stuff. Good players over there, but the general consensus was that we smoked those guys and we had a much better party going!! I was a little disappointed in the way they had us set up. It wasn't the best place to be interactive with the crowd - so that kinda blew. Still, they want to use us again in the future, and said they'd definitely be looking to book us for this same event next year.

The only real issue was that we could have used more PA than what we had. I won't say it was a serious problem, but I wish we could have been a little louder.

Archived