Preacher interrupted me at a wedding

Christhee68

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note

View Post

You really should have given that preacher-creature a good dressing-down. What a self-serving ego-centric jerk he was, Jeeesh.

+INFINITY man, that is just BEYOND {censored}ing tacky, what a {censored}ing asshole!!!! Unreal!!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note

View Post

You really should have given that preacher-creature a good dressing-down. What a self-serving ego-centric jerk he was, Jeeesh.

+INFINITY man, that is just BEYOND {censored}ing tacky, what a {censored}ing asshole!!!! Unreal!!!! Hawking his wife's book at a wedding, this guy should be blacklisted from ever officiating a wedding ever again....

• Members

The minister acted like a jerk (a tacky one, too). You behaved appropriately by not making a scene. Your responsibilty is to the client (the wedding couple) and the sucess of the event. You did your part. Good job on holding your tongue under difficult circumstances. Mark C.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Telecruiser

View Post

Though I don't do weddings I would have had a couple of words with him afterwards. Just because he is a man of the cloth doesn't mean he's not an asshat.

Oh yea..I would have had words with him DIRECTLY after the ceremony. I would have said, I would NEVER interrupt you mid-ceremony and what you did was very very rude and uncouth. Try to give him a clue so he doesn't interrupt the wrong guy on the wrong day sometime.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by the_big_e View Post
I think that it's really the bride/grooms job to tell the preacher to get out the car, not yours. as long as they did not blame you for him being a jerk I think you are good, just move on I say.
Absolute agreemeent...it's their party.

OTOH, if you saw him on the street, some other day, he'd be fair game!

• Moderators

I would have definitely had a brief discussion with him after the ceremony. Basically, we are both here to do our jobs, I won't interrupt yours, don't interrupt mine. End.
Then, if he pulled what he did at the reception, I would have just kept playing over him. thumb.gif

• Members

I'm glad you didn't say anything to the groom. He noticed already and I'm sure had bigger fish to fry. The music stopping was only one symptom of the preacher interrupting. I'm sure the thought of you doing anything wrong didn't even cross their minds. The story would be "the preacher stopped the music," not "the musician stopped playing."

Archived