No announcement yet.

Preacher interrupted me at a wedding

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preacher interrupted me at a wedding

I was playing a beach wedding on Saturday. The weather was perfect. The bride and the guests were nice looking, and everything seemed to be great.

I usually strum pop/country songs and sing, but today the bride wanted me to play an instrumental version of the
    The best piece of advice I ever got was when John Mayer told me, "Don't be a name dropper."

Wow, that is rude, especially to give a sales pitch for his wife's book!
    http://www.mjmmusicgroup.com

Comment

While many preachers are very nice people, some are definitely jerks!

...The couple turns starts walking down the aisle, and I start playing the song they requested. About halfway through the first verse, he yells,
      God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Though I don't do weddings I would have had a couple of words with him afterwards. Just because he is a man of the cloth doesn't mean he's not an asshat.

Comment

You really should have given that preacher-creature a good dressing-down. What a self-serving ego-centric jerk he was, Jeeesh.
          Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

I think that it's really the bride/grooms job to tell the preacher to get out the car, not yours. as long as they did not blame you for him being a jerk I think you are good, just move on I say.
            The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note
              View Post

You really should have given that preacher-creature a good dressing-down. What a self-serving ego-centric jerk he was, Jeeesh.

+INFINITY man, that is just BEYOND ****************ing tacky, what a ****************ing ****************************!!!! Unreal!!!!
              Originally Posted by co&cafan808

chevybusa ****************in delivers the lulz!!!

Using and abusing Reason 4.0 (with tons of ReFills) and Logic 9 (with tons of soft synths, VSTi's and plug-ins)
              via
              a Yamaha S80 (with 2 FC7's, an FC5, an FC3, and a BC3a) and a Behringer BCR2000
              on
              a 4GB 2.53GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini
              with
              AKG K77 headphones or M-Audio BX5a Deluxe monitors.

Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

Ahhh...John Cage. The ultimate troll.

Originally Posted by Anderton

Just remember...machines don't kill music, people do.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note
                View Post

+INFINITY man, that is just BEYOND ****************ing tacky, what a ****************ing ****************************!!!! Unreal!!!! Hawking his wife's book at a wedding, this guy should be blacklisted from ever officiating a wedding ever again....
                Originally Posted by co&cafan808

chevybusa ****************in delivers the lulz!!!

Using and abusing Reason 4.0 (with tons of ReFills) and Logic 9 (with tons of soft synths, VSTi's and plug-ins)
                via
                a Yamaha S80 (with 2 FC7's, an FC5, an FC3, and a BC3a) and a Behringer BCR2000
                on
                a 4GB 2.53GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini
                with
                AKG K77 headphones or M-Audio BX5a Deluxe monitors.

Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

Ahhh...John Cage. The ultimate troll.

Originally Posted by Anderton

Just remember...machines don't kill music, people do.

Comment

The minister acted like a jerk (a tacky one, too). You behaved appropriately by not making a scene. Your responsibilty is to the client (the wedding couple) and the sucess of the event. You did your part. Good job on holding your tongue under difficult circumstances. Mark C.
                  "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

You should of interrupted the preacher the minute he started talking about his wife's book lol...
                    FaceBook - ReverbNation - YouTube - Twitter - MySpace - iTunes

Comment

On behalf of preachers everywhere I sincerely apologize for that obnoxious turd.

I can't believe he did that.
                      Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away. We cut down people in Your name, when the sword was never ours to swing. (Excerpt from "Jesus, Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns.
                      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                      A Hofner Hound
                      Hofner Club CT Semi-Hollow
                      Hofner Club Ct Solid Body
                      Hofner Icon Bass
                      Hofner H185 Bass
                      Epiphone PR5E
                      Ibanez AEG25
                      Ibanez SRX bass
                      Matthew 10:16 "Be as shrewd as a serpent and harmless as a dove."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Telecruiser
                        View Post

Though I don't do weddings I would have had a couple of words with him afterwards. Just because he is a man of the cloth doesn't mean he's not an asshat.

Oh yea..I would have had words with him DIRECTLY after the ceremony. I would have said, I would NEVER interrupt you mid-ceremony and what you did was very very rude and uncouth. Try to give him a clue so he doesn't interrupt the wrong guy on the wrong day sometime.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_e
                          View Post

I think that it's really the bride/grooms job to tell the preacher to get out the car, not yours. as long as they did not blame you for him being a jerk I think you are good, just move on I say.

Absolute agreemeent...it's their party.

OTOH, if you saw him on the street, some other day, he'd be fair game!
                          God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Your handle contains "Christ" which should have given you a license to go flip over his book signing table and whatnot.
                            Free prog-related metal from Michigan.

http://www.silentlapse.com

Comment

Your handle contains "Christ" which should have given you a license to go flip over his book signing table and whatnot.
                              Free prog-related metal from Michigan.

http://www.silentlapse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X