Who Posted That Christmas Gig Book?

Potts

• Members

Was it Voltan? I'm in need- I've got to prepare a little bit this year and I have no idea why I dont have any Christmas stuff on my PC or laptops.

I remember someone posted one and it looked great, so if I could get a copy I'd be indebted! BTW I can share anything and everything if anyone ever needs some tunes.

Thanks!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pogo97

View Post

so would I -- where did you find problems?

I see the second version of "Away in a Manger" is right on the money. The first version is off. I've seen a couple versions of "A Christmas Song", that are both different than this one. I haven't gone through all the songs, and I'm sure most of them are pretty close to being correct. It couldn't hurt to find sheet music to make comparisons to any songs that might not sound quite right.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dey

View Post

It couldn't hurt to find sheet music to make comparisons to any songs that might not sound quite right.

Sure it would...It's two weeks of playing these and if one cant adjust on the fly with some Christmas tunes there's a problem.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Capndar

View Post

What songs have worked for you well is a broad audience? I am not really doing a Christmas show, but better be ready with a few...

Upbeat secular is better for bars than carols. Winter Wonderland, Jingle Bell Rock, White Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty etc. Have Silent Night & Little Drummer boy in case religious songs are wanted. YMMV

• Members

I just pulled out Merle Haggard's "If We Make It Through December' again this year. I also wrote a song many years ago called 'Take Me Home For Christmas'. The lyrics are as suggestive as the name implies, but it's still kind of cute. I do it some, mostly upon request. People around here usually don't come to the bar to hear Christmas songs. That's too bad, cause I kind of like them. HO HO HO!!

• Members

I just pulled out Merle Haggard's "If We Make It Through December' again this year...

Great song. Never thought of it as a Christmas song even though "Daddy can't afford no Christmas cheer" is a hint. Maybe it's the mood.

Maybe we can include more 'winter-themed' songs. Like "Nine Below Zero" or "Snow Blind Friend" or "Song for a Winters Night" or "Cold Cold Heart" or "The Frozen Logger."

Archived