Marshall-stacks as PA??

Bajazz

• Members

I'm doing a rock soloact and want to pimp up my stage a bit. I was thinking of using a Marshall-stack on each side as PA. Any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking of the bottom cab as sub and the upper as mid/hi. Any one done anythink like this?

• Members

I know all those speakers KISS used to have on stage were fake. Why not get some mock Marshall empty stacks and just stack on stage to look cool? Leave the PA speakers for the PA work? The Marshall stack was not designed to be a PA speaker. 

• Members

When I was a kid (a looooong time ago) we used to plug the mic into the guitar amp because that is all we had and there weren't any PA's around.

Nowadays? Let the PA do the PA work and let the gyuitar amps do the guitar work.

BTW, compared to a halfway decent PA, the Marshall will sound like {censored} as a PA. JMHO

• Members

For the past few years I've wanted to start a facade company that makes folding fake backline for bands that either use direct-to-PA stuff or smaller amps to get their big sound. You could have classic stacks (Marshall, Hiwatt, Ampeg, etc.) all made of really lightweight materials but designed to look exactly like the real thing, and then just put your full-range speaker (or amp you're not proud of) behind it and be a poseur but look awesome in the process.

I still haven't done it yet, but I think it'd be pretty cool if you could make a clever folding design that looks exactly like the real thing but is super easy to transport.

• Members

MusicalSchizo wrote:

For the past few years I've wanted to start a facade company that makes folding fake backline for bands that either use direct-to-PA stuff or smaller amps to get their big sound. You could have classic stacks (Marshall, Hiwatt, Ampeg, etc.) all made of really lightweight materials but designed to look exactly like the real thing, and then just put your full-range speaker (or amp you're not proud of) behind it and be a poseur but look awesome in the process.

I still haven't done it yet, but I think it'd be pretty cool if you could make a clever folding design that looks exactly like the real thing but is super easy to transport.

Just make sure you have all the proper licensing in place.

Archived