Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Marshall-stacks as PA??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall-stacks as PA??

I'm doing a rock soloact and want to pimp up my stage a bit. I was thinking of using a Marshall-stack on each side as PA. Any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking of the bottom cab as sub and the upper as mid/hi. Any one done anythink like this?

Marshall's done have any sort of horns, so it won't sound very good.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

I know all those speakers KISS used to have on stage were fake. Why not get some mock Marshall empty stacks and just stack on stage to look cool? Leave the PA speakers for the PA work? The Marshall stack was not designed to be a PA speaker. 

Comment

• Bajazz
        Bajazz commented
        Editing a comment

Well, I was of course thinking about the idea of replacing the drivers....

That sounds like a lot of work for show. If I were going to do that I'd buy dummie cabs, keep the back panel off and put a pa speaker in each one. But even then, Marshall dummie cabs are not cheap, 200 per cab at least.

Comment

When I was a kid (a looooong time ago) we used to plug the mic into the guitar amp because that is all we had and there weren't any PA's around.

Nowadays? Let the PA do the PA work and let the gyuitar amps do the guitar work.

BTW, compared to a halfway decent PA, the Marshall will sound like **************** as a PA. JMHO

NSA - The only government agency that actually listens to what you have to say.

Comment

For the past few years I've wanted to start a facade company that makes folding fake backline for bands that either use direct-to-PA stuff or smaller amps to get their big sound. You could have classic stacks (Marshall, Hiwatt, Ampeg, etc.) all made of really lightweight materials but designed to look exactly like the real thing, and then just put your full-range speaker (or amp you're not proud of) behind it and be a poseur but look awesome in the process.

I still haven't done it yet, but I think it'd be pretty cool if you could make a clever folding design that looks exactly like the real thing but is super easy to transport.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• daklander
            daklander commented
            Editing a comment

MusicalSchizo wrote:

For the past few years I've wanted to start a facade company that makes folding fake backline for bands that either use direct-to-PA stuff or smaller amps to get their big sound. You could have classic stacks (Marshall, Hiwatt, Ampeg, etc.) all made of really lightweight materials but designed to look exactly like the real thing, and then just put your full-range speaker (or amp you're not proud of) behind it and be a poseur but look awesome in the process.

I still haven't done it yet, but I think it'd be pretty cool if you could make a clever folding design that looks exactly like the real thing but is super easy to transport.

Just make sure you have all the proper licensing in place.

• moogerfooger
            moogerfooger commented
            Editing a comment

marshall actually made PA speakers back in the day. brownsville station used to tour with a marshall system  for smaller venues. they looked like 1960's but with a horn for highs. 

Working...
        X