mounting a par can onto your speaker stand

J.Paul

• Members

It's getting to where I need some kind of lighting,
probably some kind of par can for a wash,
but the last thing I want is another stand to setup and transport.
Anyone have experience mounting a par can onto your ultimate support speaker stand ?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rodclement View Post
Hello everyone,

Someone pm'd me looking for pictures of how we set the led par cans on the speakers....here it is. They are each pointed across from each other so the one on the right is aimed at the person on the left and vice versa. They are attached to the speaker handles using c-clamps, tiny and powerful!

No idea of the brand, a friend gave them to me.

speaker2_zpsb14efa8f.jpg
speaker1_zpsb944a6cb.jpg

Rod
^^^ Quoting Rod Clement ^^^

Another way is to attach a bracket to the top of your PA cabs...that's what I, myself, prefer, wheneve possible (if the ceiling is high enough).

In either case, these are best done w/ LED pars...incandescent pars could be dangerous!

• Members

not all, but most small speakers have mounting screw threads on them so you can mount the speakers on ceilings and walls using eye bolts are mounting plates. my Alto and Peavey speakers have them. makes for simple removal at end of the night.

speakermounts1.jpg

speakermounts2.jpg

speakermounts3.jpg

• Members

If your speaker has threaded fly point built in to the cabinet, it is pretty easy to mount individual lights to the points, or you can clamp a piece of 2" tubing (or other suitable light bar material) to two fly points.

Many newer speakers use a standard 10 mm x 1.5 mm (M10) threading on the fly points. Mark C.

Archived